RHS Weekly Updates | January 15, 2022
Publicaremos la traducción al español en "El Informativo" a principios de la semana que viene.
I hope you are doing okay. I know many of your families have been impacted by the Omicron variant. Hang in there. I just pray there is light at the end of this tunnel!
We know that some students will have to take makeup exams due to quarantine. Please read the information below regarding makeup exams.
Monday: Federal Holiday - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Tuesday: Teacher Workday
Wednesday: First day of second semester
Friday: Report Cards
Schedules in Powerschool for Second Semester: Changes have been made to schedules, particularly regarding room numbers. PLEASE make sure your RAM is using a current schedule when he or she returns on Wednesday.
Anyone who missed their Eng. 2, Math 1, Biology, or Math 3 exam:
We will be holding a makeup test session for each of these subjects starting Thursday, January 20th. First period teachers will be notifying students on Wednesday, January 19th of their makeup testing time and location. Here are the details:
- Thursday, Jan. 20th at 8:00 am - Room 1708 - Eng. 2
- Friday, Jan. 21st - 8:00 am - Room 1708 - Biology
- Monday, Jan. 24th - 8:00 am - Room 1708 - Math 3
- Tuesday, Jan. 25th - 8:00 am - Room 1708 - Math 1 Anyone who missed their CTE exam: Make up testing will need to be scheduled through Mrs. Long.
- Please email Mrs. Long at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone who missed their Teacher Made Exam Students need to contact their teacher through email or find them on campus before school, during lunch, or after school.
- Please schedule a time with that teacher when you return. email@example.com. She is our coordinator and needs that information to help coordinate support for students and properly code absences. Thursday, Feb. 3rd - Rising 9th Grade Curriculum and AP Night: Hold that evening if you have a rising 9th grader or have a student who wants to know more about Advanced Placement classes and expectations. We will not host an in-person event, but we will release information for parents to view and then ask questions. It is hard to believe it is time to plan for 2022-23, but here we are! Seniors: Please make sure you look at the important senior dates and deadlines. Please also make sure you are following the senior Google Classroom. Note that the Senior Fees are due through the Online School Payments portal on the school website by March 4th. REVIEW Second Semester Schedule Change Requests: Schedule Change Request Form Information on the RHS website at https://www.wcpss.net/domain/12966 The window to request a schedule change 2nd semester is January 10-19. The form to request a change will be available on this page during that time. Please read all the information provided here BEFORE submitting a request. If you have any additional questions, please contact your counselor. Please read the information below carefully before submitting your request, as each student may submit only one request. The schedule change request form can be submitted from January 10-19. Students must be logged in to their WCPSS WakeID to submit a request, and responses will be emailed to the student's WCPSS email by January 25. Multiple submissions will not be accepted. Please make sure your 1st (and only) submission meets the criteria for a schedule change AND has all the information needed for the counselors to make the change. Please be sure to include detailed information about your request. For example, if you want to increase rigor to an honors elective, WHICH elective do you want? You can find a list of courses offered here. Because 2nd semester schedule changes were already addressed in the Fall, and due to scheduling considerations such as student requests and staffing, schedule changes will be approved on a very limited scale. The following are the only reasons a schedule change request will be approved: For Those Rams in Virtual Academy Second Semester: Students taking Math 1, 2, or 3 in Virtual Academy in the Spring semester should come to the school between 9 and 11am on January 18th to bring up math work books. Families that cannot pick up work books during this time will need to call the front office at (919) 554-6303 to arrange a time to pick up the materials. If a Ram has to quarantine due to COVID: Please send the PCR test results to AP Chambliss at
- A student is scheduled for a course they have previously passed
- A student is missing a course needed to graduate (this only applies to Seniors)
- A student has an incomplete schedule (holes in schedules will be filled with courses selected during the registration process OR classes with available space at the time of the request)
- A student is scheduled for the same course twice
- A student has a schedule with a sequencing issue (i.e. scheduled for French II before French I - in this case the scheduling issue will be fixed, but the student will not be able to select new courses).
- There will be very limited opportunities for students to request an increase of rigor due to the restraints of staffing and class sizes. www.wcpss.net/meals. Help our school continue to receive this funding by completing an application online at MySchoolApps.com. Paper applications can be requested by calling 919-588-3535. (Padres, por favor consideren solicitar los beneficios de comidas tan pronto como sea posible. ¡Al entregar una solicitud que califique, las familias también ayudarán al distrito escolar a calificar para fondos adicionales con el fin de apoyar a los estudiantes y el aprendizaje! Además, el Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos de Carolina del Norte está recopilando información sobre almuerzos gratuitos o a precio reducido y de la asistencia escolar de los estudiantes de WCPSS para determinar cualquier beneficio electrónico adicional (P-EBT) por motivos de la pandemia que se emitirán en los próximos meses. Si usted no solicita y no califica para los beneficios de comidas, ¡perderá la oportunidad de recibir fondos P-EBT directos para su familia! Sí, las comidas seguirán siendo gratuitas para todos los estudiantes hasta junio de 2022, pero aún necesitamos que usted complete una solicitud de beneficios de comidas para que nuestra escuela pueda ser elegible para estos fondos adicionales para la educación del próximo año. Además, esto asegura que su estudiante cuente con estos beneficios durante las primeras semanas de clase del próximo año escolar. Usted puede encontrar información sobre cómo solicitar beneficios de comidas en www.wcpss.net/meals. Ayude a nuestra escuela a seguir recibiendo estos fondos completando una solicitud en línea en MySchoolApps.com. Las solicitudes en papel se pueden solicitar llamando al 919-588-3535.) College Financial Planning: Do you need money for college or career school? Federal student aid is available through grants, work-study, and loans. It’s not too late! How do I apply for aid? You need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form by logging in at fafsa.gov to apply online, filling it out in the myStudentAid mobile app or completing and mailing the FAFSA PDF. Students and parents will need an FSA ID (account username and password) to sign the form through the mobile app and online. Find out more about the FAFSA and the FSA ID by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or making an appointment with Linda Taylor, Financial Aid Advisor in the Student Services Office. Be sure to apply as soon as you can as a few federal student aid programs have limited funds and some colleges have early deadlines. Sophomores wishing to purchase a parking space can begin completing the online form on January 19th. The link for the online form can be found here. You must be logged into your Wake ID in order to access the form. Air Force Information Session: Interested in learning more about joining the Air Force after graduation? 2d. Lt. Washington will host an informational session about the Air Force on Thursday, January 27th. Time TBD. She will share information about enlistment & students can ask her specific questions. A Google Calendar invite (that will serve as your meeting pass) will be sent out with meeting information at a later date. Please register HERE to attend the session using your WCPSS account. Updates to COVID-19 Protocols: WCPSS has emailed families to make you aware of the updates to protocols that align with CDC recommendations. No changes have been made to masking requirements. Updates can be found at https://www.wcpss.net/WhenToReturn?redir=1. Mid-year graduates: Mrs. Allred emailed a form and the process for refunding parking fees to your Wake County email address. If you did not receive this email and are graduating at the end of first semester, please email Mrs. Allred to receive the information. Complete List of Grade-Level Google Classroom Links: Class of 2025 = klt3cb7 https://classroom.google.com/c/Mzk2MzEzNzg0NzAz?cjc=klt3cb7 Class of 2024 = q6sdlpd https://classroom.google.com/c/NDAyNDIyODU1MjMw?cjc=q6sdlpd Class of 2023 = 2mz6tiq https://classroom.google.com/c/NDEyMjM1NDkyNjY3?cjc=2mz6tiq Class of 2022 = vo5oj4u https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcyMDIzOTkxNDA4?cjc=vo5oj4u Senior Yearbook Ads are due 12/31: You may recognize your student’s milestones and successes with a student ad. Designs and payment are due by Dec. 31. These ads may be purchased and designed at jostensadservice.com. Water Bottles or Cups: We are blowing through our cups to allow students to get water. It would be sooooooooo helpful if students would bring their own cup or bottle. Please consider making sure your Ram has one! Wake Forest Dr. Martin Luther King Contest: Each year, Wake Forest hosts a celebration where students are invited to participate in a variety of activities. Awards are given. We would love to have our students participate again this year. Last year, our own Kashara Simpson won. Check out the opportunities at https://www.wakeforestmlkcelebration.com/home.html Fast Food Deliveries for Lunch: Deliveries from delivery services, family members or friends is not permitted. Likewise, students may not bring food from restaurants into the school during lunch or after lunch. Mask Requirements for Indoor Sports re. Spectators: As we transition to winter sports, remember that face coverings are still required indoors on school campuses. The distance between students and adults should be a minimum of 6 feet to the greatest extent possible. Volunteer to help #BeautifyRolesville - 1st Saturday of every month https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094AA9AB2AA2FB6-rolesville3 Volunteer to Share Your Expertise: The Rolesville High School Business Alliance invites you to become part of your child’s education through involvement in our School-to-Career activities. We encourage you to partner with us to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge for tomorrow’s global workforce. School-to-Career activities include: classroom guest speaking, career fair participation, workplace tours, job shadowing, and curriculum integration projects & more. For additional information: https://bit.ly/RHSBusinessAllianceInfo Virtual Tutoring Provided by National Honor Society Students: To support students in VA who could use the help of our NHS Rams, there will be virtual tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-3:30. Use the Google code rhstutor. COVID-19 FAQ: Ms. Chambliss developed the following FAQ to help our school community navigate school, exposures and quarantines during this challenging time. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTO-YFt5b0R4Z5AYUFglDsFBAyQSIcz0wMnZCBoUTffsCs-H0KPqoclvGQL9k0XVi6OTd57KGP78G3D/pub . Stay RAMarkable! Sincerely, Dhedra Lassiter Please do not submit a schedule change request to find out why your elective was changed. This is done only in cases where either 1) the elective(s) you selected did not have enough requests for us to schedule the course, or 2) the elective(s) you selected were not available at a time that fit your schedule. Students WILL NOT be able to change their schedule because they no longer wish to take a course they requested, they prefer to have a different teacher, or because they received a course that was not one of their top choices. Students wishing to drop an AP course should have done so by the deadline (July 9). The Social Studies pathways have changed. American History 2 will no longer be offered; students who took American History 1 or American History 2 will be scheduled for American History. Regarding Absences and Updating Student Attendance Information: Well, this week has been unprecedented when we consider the pandemic, the weather, the number of staff and students absence and more. We know that the absence information in Powerschool is not totally accurate regarding student excused and unexcused absences. We also know that some of the contacts have not been acknowledged. We are underwater trying to deal with the volume. I am saying simply to help you understand that it is going to take time to get all of this updated. When your child returns to school with a note, we will make the updates. We have gotten emails and appreciate them. However, it would be so much more helpful if you will send something in hard copy, even if it is a printed version of the email you send. I am sorry to have to ask for this, but it would help us expedite the updates and ease worries for all. Applying for Free and Reduced Lunches for 2022-23: Parents, please consider applying for meal benefits as soon as possible . By submitting a qualifying application, families will also support the district in qualifying for additional funds to support students and learning! Also, the NC Department of Health & Human Services is collecting student free and reduced lunch and attendance data from WCPSS to determine any additional Pandemic Electronic Benefits (P-EBT) that will be issued in the coming months! By not applying for these meal benefits, you will miss the potential opportunity to receive direct P-EBT funds for your family! Meals will still be free for all students through June 2022, but we still need you to complete a meal benefits application so our school can be eligible for this extra education funding next school year. Also, this ensures your student is covered for the first few weeks of school next year. Information about applying for Meal Benefits can be found at