Rolesville High School Weekly Updates | June 10, 2017
For anyone who would like to watch the livestream of our 8 AM graduation on Wednesday, June 14th, you may join us through the WCPSS website.
For Seniors and Parents: I know our fantastic Rams are going to make us so proud on Wednesday!
- Senior Fees and Fines: Students who did not clear fees and fines must do so in order to get tickets for graduation and in order to march on Wednesday
- Graduation rehearsal at Raleigh Convention Center – Rehearsl was awesome just like our Rams! There are a few things that I need to share that will help grads-to-be if their families remind them. Please remind them to write their names in their caps with a Sharpie. They will need to have the cap and show it in order to get the diploma after the recessional. Also, there is no security to watch purses, etc. in the waiting area and students cannot carry anything even in their hands when they march in. They need to leave items with family or lock it all in a car and only bring the car key with them. They cannot have anything in their hands when they march in and across the stage…I know. Putting the phones away will be painful, but they must do it!
- Graduation Attire: No sunglasses, flip flops or anything out of uniformity as addressed with them
- Gentlemen: White dress shirt, black tie, black pants, black socks, black shoes
- Ladies: Dresses shorter than the gown and nothing around the neck, no designed hose or colorful hose, black dress shoes (and please practice in your fancy shoes)
- Graduate Arrival @ 7 AM Entrance C; Guest Arrival @ 7:15 AM Entrance A or B, only flowers in plastic or paper allowed (nothing else) and tickets required for all big or small
They will be mailed home. I would not anticipate arrival before the end of not this week but next. If you need information before reports are mailed, you can log into Parent Portal to see the information we have/have received (testing) and posted.
Ram Camp – August 10th, 8-12:30
If you know a family who has a rising freshman to RHS, it is really important that the student plan to attend Ram Camp. Please help your family/friend find the info on our website and get the student registered. It is so helpful to walk students through the school and transitional information before the first day of school. Also, we are planning information for parents at the same time students are participating in an orientation.
Planning for the summer:
- Summer School: Students were told during morning announcements that the application is online and they are due by June 14th. We have a limited number of spaces for the morning and afternoon sessions in July. Application does not automatically assure acceptance. Please do not miss the application deadline if credit needs to be recovered to keep a student on cohort.
- AP Summer Assignments: We have reminded students over and again during morning announcements to check the information online regarding summer assignments. They really need to plan when and how they will get this work done. To do a quality job, they do not need to wait until the last minute. WE DO WANT THEM TO STAY THE COURSE. It is easy to procrastinate during the summer. Make sure, parents, that you ask them how the work is progressing periodically. Just today, I reviewed some final AP projects. Our students are capable of amazing work. They need to hold themselves to the high standard. I KNOW they can do it! If they need a friendly call from the principal over the summer for encouragement, let me know. J
- It is very important that we accurate information in Powerschool. Please let us know if there are changes over the summer. Lassiter will continue to communicate through emails and texts. If you have not opted in to the text option, we recommend that you do so, since we no longer have the voice mail option for weekly announcements. We will plan to send a summer mailer early August. It is critical that we have accurate mailing information, as well. If there are changes to address, phone or email contact information, please do not delay informing us of the updates.
- Student helpers this summer: We have posted a link through Twitter for students to say that they would be available to volunteer. Many students need service hours. We will have lots of things that students can help us do. Please remind students to sign up through the link.
- Watching the website for communications this summer: We will also set the dates for juniors and seniors to purchase parking spaces and lunch passes before the year begins. It is very important that students and parents watch the website and Twitter for updates for the dates and times in August that we will be available to take care of business.