RHS Weekly Announcements | March 21, 2021
Hello, Ram families!
I hope you all have had a good weekend.
COHORT 1-A, you will make your second rotation into school on Monday. Students will be in class M, T, Th and F. Wednesday is a remote learning day and students will remain at home.
Quarter 3 ends on March 24th, which is Thursday.
Parents of Students with IEPs or 504s: We need to know your intent regarding your child with respect to in-person learning. If you have not already done so, please complete this survey as soon as you possibly can to help us plan appropriately. You received this same request in an email on Wednesday of this week, so the survey is the same one.
Remember that Spring Break begins March 29th. Depending on what the Board or Education decides about returning on Plan A, students may not return to class on Wednesday, April 7th, as planned Please pay close attention to the results of the meeting on Monday night.
If we move to Plan A:
1. We are going to need to bump lunch to later in third period.
2. We are going to need to communicate about off-campus lunch passes.
3. We are going to need to communicate about student parking.
When we settle on a bit more information, I will send an additional email to address these things.
Yearbook Portrait Upload & Giveaway (DUE 3/31): If your student missed Picture Day, please have them upload a portrait for the yearbook. Guidelines and a link to upload are available here: www.rhsargalia.weebly.com/portrait-upload. These are due March 31st! Students who upload a portrait or who had their picture taken by Strawbridge will be entered to win a free 2019 or 2020 yearbook.
Senior Ads are due 4/1 for the 2021 yearbook! You can purchase and design your senior's ad using Jostens Ad Service.
Rolesville High School Digital Arts and Project Management Business Academy: Please check out https://www.wcpss.net/site/default.aspx?PageID=42036 for updated information about opportunities for current 9th graders to join the Rolesville High School Digital Arts and Project Management Business Academy.
Graduation Planning: Parents of seniors received a communication from the district about graduation plans. As you know, we will not hold a ceremony at Raleigh Convention Center. We will communicate general information with you in early-to-mid-April to help you plan. The graduation committee will begin planning in earnest next week.
There are two very important things that families need to do now that impact planning.
1. If you have not ordered a cap and gown, you must do so through Jostens.com. You must have a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. The next cap and gown distribution will be on April 22nd from 3-4PM.
2. As you can imagine, expenses to hold events at school will increase in order to plan for and deliver nice events. Senior fees must be paid through Online School Payments on our school website. Thank you to those who have already taken care of this. For those who need to do so, please go ahead and submit the fees to allow us to prepare.
INFORMATION: WAKE TECH CCP PROGRAM
- March 23-25: Wake Tech CC Open House (Registration now open!)
- Tuesday, March 23: Enrollment & Student Activities. Hear from current Wake Tech students during a Student Panel discussion, and attend presentations about financial aid, the admissions process, employment resources, dual enrollment for high school students, and more.
- Wednesday, March 24: Academic Degree Programs. Ask questions and hear from experts on Wake Tech's career and technical training programs and university transfer options.
- Thursday, March 25: Workforce Continuing Education (WCE). Wake Tech is your training hub for short-term, non-degree courses that lead to industry-recognized credentials. WCE also includes English as a Second Language classes, high school equivalency preparation, and small business support.
- April 8: 2021 CCP Transition Day (Registration now open!)
- Graduating CCP Students who are interested in enrolling at Wake Tech for the Fall 2021 Term can now register for the 2021 CCP Transition Day event! Transition Day is designed for current CCP graduating seniors to learn about how to navigate through the general admissions process and other enrollment information. Students will hear from Wake Tech Staff members from the following departments: Admissions, Academic Advising, Registration and Student Records, and Financial Aid. (See the attached flyer for marketing to current CCP Graduating Seniors)
- Reminder for Graduating Seniors
Graduating Seniors can visit the CCP Students Graduating High School page on the CCP website for additional information on how to enroll as a traditional Wake Tech student.
- NOTE: Graduating Seniors who have a graduation date after May 19, 2021 are eligible to enroll as a CCP Student for the 2021 Summer Term.
CCP Enrollment Process Update & Reminder
The CCP Enrollment Process is in full swing. Within a 2.5 week time span, we already have 500+ new CCP Applicants! That number does not include Continuing CCP Students, so we are expecting another record breaking enrollment cycle (for Summer and Fall Terms). To encourage students to submit documents early, students who are approved and have all enrollment requirements met/completed by April 12th, will have priority registration beginning April 15th when Self-Registration begins.
Reminder – 10th Grade Students: Current Sophomores who plan to enroll during the Summer Term must meet all 9th/10th Grade eligibility requirements for acceptance. If they plan to enroll for the Fall, they will be reviewed based on 11th/12th grade eligibility.
Virtual Appointments Reminder (Check My Status & Virtual Advising)
Students have the opportunity to speak with a CCP representative if they have completed a CCP Application Form or currently enrolled as a CCP student. For more information on Virtual Appointments, students can visit Admissions and Advising page on the CCP website.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- March 23-25: WTCC Open House
- April 8: CCP Transition Day
- April 15: CCP Self-Registration Opens (Summer and Fall) **Students can begin to register for courses
- April 24: CCP Application Form Deadline - New Students (Summer Only)
- May 7: CCP Self-Registration & EV Form Deadline (Summer Only)
- May 19: First Day of Class (Summer)
- June 11: CCP Application Form Deadline - New Students (Fall Only)
- July 23: CCP Self-Registration & EV Form Deadline (Fall Only)
Wellness Workshop Opportunities for Families Share with and encourage families to participate in our free wellness workshops, including Circle Connections, keeping kids emotionally and physically safe, stress management and wellness skills, and a Virtual Parent Summit. This can help families learn about emotional support strategies being used in our schools, which can also benefit families at home. We have posted on WakeConnect a message ready for you to use in your newsletters to families. The district is sending this information to families today. We will share similar info soon about professional development and self-care sessions available for staff-only.
CFNC for Juniors - Excellent Virtual Resources for College Planning: Go here to learn more.
NHS Application process will start Mar 17: Qualifying Juniors and Sophomores should receive 2 emails over the weekend. One email is for joining the google classroom for the application process. The second email will contain congratulations on eligibility and other important information.
From Rolesville Athletic Club:
- SAVE THE DATE! Our Spring Golf Tournament is coming up on Saturday, April 10th - 2pm Shotgun start. This year's tournament has lots of prizes and giveaways including a silent auction for a Foursome to Lonnie Poole Golf Course.
Register your team
Register as an individual
Sponsor the tournament
- RAM Head Walk Fundraiser. Proudly display the name of your student, club, organization or team. Click here for more information or to sign up!
- Merchandise and apparel will be on sale at all home football games - JV & Varsity.!
- Our next Rolesville Athletic Club (RAC) booster meeting is 4/5/21 at 6:30pm. It's a virtual meeting so email email@example.com for the link. ANYONE may attend and you are invited to Join the Rolesville Athletic Club.
Regarding Spectator Expansion for Sports: Most of you are aware that all tickets must be bought online through Go Fan. So far, we have been able to accommodate all who want to attend games. We also recognize that football games will present new challenges.
Please understand, first, that we must still abide by social distancing guidelines with 6’ distancing and masks for anyone 3 years or older. Additionally, all spectators must sit in the stands and not stand along the fence. Stands will be marked to support distancing. At this time, there will be no concessions available. (Keep in mind that we have portable restrooms at the present time but no use of our permanent restrooms. This may change.)
We will have a progression to open up ticket sales. First tickets will be available only to families of student athletes, cheerleaders and band members. Families are limited to TWO tickets per game. All family tickets must be purchased by Wednesday at noon of the week of the game. We will pull this information and review it on Thursday to determine how many home slots are available for students and the general public to purchase on Friday. We will open the link for open ticket sales to students and the public on Friday around noon.
Visitor tickets will be made available for online purchase on the day of the game.
All spectators must bring their phone to the game to show purchase of the ticket and enter the gates.
PTSA No-Fuss Fundraiser: Ms. Kristen Tyson was the winner of our first wreath from Creative Creations by Nicole & she chose the Pittsburgh Steelers.
You can be our next winner drawn by making a no fuss donation to help our students & teachers with scholarships, senior celebrations, teacher classroom grants, etc.
No fuss link: https//rolesvillehsptsa.member hub.store/
Wake Tech Community College Information Sessions: On March 16th, April 20th and May 18th, Wake Tech will be offering Live Information Sessions for 11th and 12th graders who are interested in knowing more about Wake Technical Community College. The live session will explain the curriculum, college transfer & health science programs. They will also discuss the admissions process and other resources, tutoring, athletics & clubs/organizations on campus. A Google Meets code will be sent to you before the presentation (to your WCPSS email) so you can gain access to the live presentation. Register for one of the sessions: HERE.
Bus Transportation Ineligible Families - Please Read: WCPSS has an option to request transportation for this year. Read here.
Thinking ahead about future testing: These dates are for families to whom this applies.
- Make up ACT (not asynchronous day) - March 9th
- Continued ACCESS testing - March 24th and Mondays March 8th - April 19th
- AP Exams - May 3rd - June 11th
- Spring Sem. Exams - June 4th - 10th
Checking Grades: We are midway through the third quarter. I just want you all to keep in mind that the quarter ends March 24th. Please make sure you are checking grades.
NHS Virtual Tutoring started March 2 from 2:30 to 3:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For Google Meet, use the nickname RHStutor.
CTE Concentrator Survey for Seniors: Mrs. Long has requested that all seniors complete the following survey.
Youth Leadership Rolesville- Information will be available soon!
Youth Leadership Wake Forest:
Do you know a rising 10th-12th grader that wants to learn more about his/her leadership potential, local business leaders, and town opportunities? Applications for Youth Leadership Wake Forest’s 2021-22 class AND a new summer Youth Leadership Academy are now open! For more details, click here: tinyurl.com/axw8d4s8.
- Click here for a 2-minute video of Wake Forest Mayor Vivian Jones sharing her experience with the program.
Yearbook Price Increase: Order yours at www.jostensyearbooks.com to reserve your copy for $75 before the price changes. The 2021 yearbook is like no other (in a good way), and we can't wait for you to see it.
Yearbook Portrait Submission! If your student was unable to attend one of the Picture Days, please have them upload a picture for the yearbook's portrait section. Please see this flyer for guidelines and they can upload their picture at ybkplus.com. Portraits are due before March 31st. Contact Ms. Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If You Missed Curriculum/AP Night: There are two videos here that provide a good overview. There is also a list of AP classes we will potentially (depending on interest and staff availability) be offering next year and any required summer assignments here.
Senior Information: Remember that we update information on the website that pertains to seniors. Go to STUDENTS and then CLASS OF 2021 to find updates. We are still waiting for more direction and will be in communication. For the moment, we just want you to note where we place updated information for your reference.
Applying for Scholarships: Check out the scholarship update at the RHS Student Services website weekly! You can't earn $$ if you don't apply!
We have posted the senior fees to our Online School Payments. You can access through our school website
Calling all Senior Rams! Don’t forget to join the PTSA for an awesome opportunity to apply for our PTSA scholarship. Scholarship information will be available soon. Rams are strong! Rams rock!
SAT Registration for Administration @ RHS: May 8th (registration deadline April 8th).
WCPSS Seeking Substitutes: Our district has recently launched a campaign to recruit substitute teachers. Our subs receive training, work flexible hours and earn bi-weekly pay and incentives based on the number of jobs they pick up. If you have an interest in supporting our schools and shaping bright futures, visit wcpss.net/subs to learn more. I am sharing these flyers for your information.
Please support PTSA
If you have not linked your grocery cards or use Amazon Smile, please do so to support our PTSA. It is the easiest way for us to raise the money that we desperately need to support school functions. The Amazon Smile online is listed as Rolesville High School PTSA. The Harris Teeter code is 2392 and the Target code is 15343. Remember that Lowes Foods cards can also be linked.
PTSA drew on 12/18 for the first custom wreath. Remember that a no-fuss donation gets you a chance to win a custom wreath. There will be a drawing in January and another in February. Your donations support scholarships, senior celebrations, teacher classroom grants and more.
From the Rolesville Athletic Club:
Livestreaming Athletic Events
WCPSS Athletics has officially installed live streaming cameras in all twenty-four (24) high school stadiums and gymnasiums to help provide parents, relatives, and friends with access to hundreds of athletics events throughout the year. Watch hundreds of football, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, and wrestling games! Now, friends and relatives who can't attend local sporting events can watch live from any device. Your annual subscription includes access to the entire network including all twenty-four (24) Wake County high schools, JV and Varsity events, live and on-demand.
TO SUBSCRIBE & ENSURE A PORTION OF YOUR PURCHASE GOES BACK TO WAKE COUNTY ATHLETICS, CLICK THE LINK AND CLICK ON "ROLESVILLE." https://www.wakecountyathletics.com/livestreaming
ANNUAL PASS - $5.83/mo. - Billed at $69.99 - (30% Goes Back to Your School) OR MONTHLY PASS - $10.99/mo. - Billed monthly. Cancel anytime. - (10% Goes Back to Your School)
As you know, our PTSA is running a no-fuss fundraiser. For those who make a contribution, $5, $10 or whatever, you get a ticket and your name will be entered to win a wreath. No fuss link: https//rolesvillehsptsa.member hub.store/
If you’ve already donated your name will automatically be included. Total of three drawings will be held in December (#1), January (#2) & February (#3). You can choose from your favorite team for example, ECU, State or UNC. This will help with scholarships, senior celebrations, teacher classroom grants, etc. Good luck & thanks for supporting your RHS PTSA. Winner will be announced each month.
Examples of the wreaths are here..
Making our Schools Safe Learning Environments
WCPSS has created and shared a document to prepare families for return to campus. While most of our students will not return this semester, it would be wise to review this information. You may also have younger students for which this information is important now. Go to the Return to Campus Guide linked here. It will address student requirements, cleaning plans, transportation questions and more.
What if my Ram’s WCPSS-issued Chromebook or Hotspot is not working properly?
WCPSS has a family help desk to support your needs. Please visit https://www.wcpss.net/domain/17256. You will complete a form online to which a WCPSS employee from the Help Desk will respond with a call to you.
Have a great weekend and stay RAM STRONG!