About RAMS Freshman Academy
The goal of the RAMS Academy is to collaboratively transition students to the high school environment through supportive relationships with teachers, collaboration with parents, and rigorous academic expectations. Students will understand the academic expectations and the credit requirements for graduation, we will foster student ownership and value in their own learning.
RAMS Freshman Academy mission is to educate, empower, and enable all students to become caring, contributing citizens who can succeed in an ever-changing world.
In partnership with parents, teachers, and community members RAMS Freshman Academy envisions students who through a rigorous and relevant education, will be able to think critically in order to produce, perform, create and communicate their knowledge competitively to a global audience.
1. Promote academic excellence through accountability, challenging curriculum and career advisement.
- Reduce dropout rate to support the WCPSS Strategic Plan of 2020 with 95% of 9th Graders graduating on time.
- Reduce the number of students’ repeating the 9th Grade.
- Reduce daily absenteeism rate.
- Provide a rigorous and relevant, student-centered curriculum incorporating technology.
- Students will receive college and career development lessons to establish college and career goals.
- Establish classroom rigor through the use of data analysis, higher order thinking, differentiation and demonstration of learning through a variety of ways.
2. Improve the social/cultural environment of the school through student/adult relationships, community involvement, and promotion of diversity acceptance.
- Promote integrity and personal growth.
- Promote acceptance of others.
- Establish teacher, parent and community involvement through various activities.
- Incorporate community service activities.