Magnet Tours will take place at 10:05am and take about an hour.
Parking is limited so plan accordingly. You do not need to sign up ahead of time.
Tour dates: December 18, January 7, January 9, February 20, February 27, March 18.
Underwood Elementary will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
We challenge each child to develop individual talents and to demonstrate academic, creative, and social growth in order to become a productive, responsible citizen.
• Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
• Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
• Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
• The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
• We will have high expectations for all students with multiple, varied opportunities to demonstrate growth.
• We will reflect on best practices in order to continuously improve.
• We will partner with our community to enhance all our programs
• We will provide opportunities for parental involvement in their child’s learning.
• We will personalize instructional practices to best meet the needs of all students. • We will analyze data to guide teaching and learning
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Holiday Performance-Band/Strings
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Holiday Performance-Dance/Music
9:45 AM - 10:30 AM Band/Orchestra/Music/Dance k - 2
10:45 AM - 11:30 AM Band/Orchestra/Music/Dance 3 - 5
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM PTA Board Meeting
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Science Olympiad - Practice 2
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM 4/5 Theater Production
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM Spelling Bee
9:30 AM - 3:00 PM Wellness Fair
Explore all magnet elementary programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
Explore all magnet middle school programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
Overall, only about 1% of Wake County Public School System students will be impacted in each of the two years of this plan.