Prospective Parent school tours do not require a sign-up ahead of time. 10:05 am tours: November 14, November 29, December 13, January 3, January 28, February 7, March 7, March 20 / 2:00 pm tours: October 25, December 4, January 10, February 20, April 11
Underwood Elementary will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
We challenge each child to develop individual talents and to demonstrate academic, creative, and social growth in order to become a productive, responsible citizen.
• Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
• Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
• Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
• The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
• We will have high expectations for all students with multiple, varied opportunities to demonstrate growth.
• We will reflect on best practices in order to continuously improve.
• We will partner with our community to enhance all our programs
• We will provide opportunities for parental involvement in their child’s learning.
• We will personalize instructional practices to best meet the needs of all students. • We will analyze data to guide teaching and learning
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Magnet Tour
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Foundation Pre-Giving Tuesday Event at Lynnwood Concern
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Science Olympiad (Meet your team)
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM Preview Days for Book Fair
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM Underwood Foundation Gala
Todas las escuelas de WCPSS abrirán con una demora de dos horas el 6 de noviembre de 2018 debido a las elecciones estatales y locales