The Wake County Public School System is hiring full-time and substitute bus drivers! Reliable and safety-minded individuals who qualify and are able to obtain the NC Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and P&S Endorsement (Passengers and School Bus) are encouraged to apply by submitting an application.
If you are hired, expect:
- a competitive wage package
- schedule options
- vacation time
- holiday pay
- health insurance
- NC Retirement for full-time (30 hours and up) drivers
- daily guarantee on pay
- a great working environment!
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid NC driver's license.
- Must have had a valid driver's license for a minimum of two years.
Within past 12 months
- No conviction of any moving violation
- No pending charge of any moving violation
- No more than one charge of any moving violation, regardless of disposition
Within past 60 months
- No more than three charges of moving violations of any kind
- No conviction of a moving violation combined with any other charge of a moving violation
- No charge of DWI or DUI
- No charge for reckless driving
- No charge for passing a stopped school bus
Within past 10 years
- No suspension or revocation of the driving privilege, other than for such status offenses as lapsed insurance, failure to appear in court, and failure to comply with out-of-state citation; provided that there be no more than one suspension or revocation for such status offenses within the past 10-years.
- No more than one charge of DWI or DUI
Anyone who meets the above requirements and is interested in becoming a school bus driver for the Wake County Public School System may apply by filling out a WCPSS job application form.
- Employment Application
- Provide a minimum of one supervisory reference on your application. References are automatically sent an electronic survey to complete on your behalf upon submission of the online application.
- Do not mail paper documents to Human Resources.
Questions? Please call Ms. Rich at (919) 533-7834.
Bus Driver Job Fair - August 2
Our next Bus Driver Job Fair will be held on Aug. 2 from 3:30 to 6 p.m. at East Millbrook Middle. Register using this Google form.
This will be a great event during which you can learn about bus driver job opportunities in our district! Participants will have the opportunity to talk with transportation staff about the hiring process and submit an online application. We offer great benefits, a convenient work schedule and opportunities for advancement.
If you have questions about our bus driver application or hiring process, please contact Tanya Rich at 919-533-7834.