RHS Weekly Updates | October 22, 2021
Publicaremos la traducción al español en "El Informativo" a principios de la semana que viene.
Hello, Ram Fam,
Here are the updates for this week.
End of First Quarter Grading Period: Monday, October 25th
Teacher Workday: Wednesday, October 27th
Save the Date! Reindeer Days 2021 is Nov. 6th from 9AM-4PM at RHS.
Parent Information Night (9th-11th Grades): RHS Student Services will host virtual presentations on Nov. 16th from 6-7:30PM using the format that we had last year. We will send more information as the event approaches. I just wanted to let you know the date and time for now.
Expectations for Football Games: Beginning this week, we will follow these expectations at games.
- No children under high school age may attend the game without a parent. All children under high school age must remain in the company of their parents.
- Students who are currently suspended or served ISS on game day cannot attend the game.
- Tailgating will be permitted on a game-by-game basis. It cannot begin more than one hour before the start of the game. All students must tailgate in the area near the basketball court. Students must remember that this is a school event. Students are expected to behave as if this is a school day. Students may eat, play games, socialize and decorate for the game theme. Students may not use drugs or alcohol and may not act in ways offensive and disrespectful to other spectators, athletes or those working the game. All trash must be cleaned up. Leave it better than you found it.
- Unauthorized personnel will not be allowed to walk behind the bleachers.
- As in the past, no one will stand on the fence in front of the bleachers. It is still permissible to stand along the fence as long as you stand to the sides of the bleachers.
- No one should be standing on the patio area to socialize. Those who are on the patio should be in line to purchase food, drink or Rams gear.
- Spectators who are not standing on the fence, in line to purchase something or going to the restroom will be expected to be seated in the bleachers.
- Only authorized personnel are allowed on the field, the ramps in front of the bleachers and the area between the ramps and the field.
- Anyone who leaves the stadium will not be allowed to re-enter whether they are willing to buy another ticket or not.
- All students who need to call a parent for pickup must do so by the start of the fourth quarter. No student should be waiting for a ride beyond the time it takes to clear campus. If you are delayed, it could prevent you from attending other after school activities All student pick-ups must be in the lot near the gym and the practice field .
- All spectators will vacate the stadium quickly upon direction of the announcer and the administrators. Further, they should leave the campus as quickly as possible. There will be no loitering in the parking lots.
Senior Quotes are due November 5th. These are displayed below the senior's portrait in the yearbook. Senior quotes are submitted here: https://forms.gle/8ijF4QLHFX3HZYGg9
Senior Superlatives Final Voting: The final voting for the yearbook's Senior Superlatives is live! Seniors should vote using the following link: https://forms.gle/V5f1Wk27zWMXeAM96 Voting closes on November 5th.
Leadership Opportunity for Juniors: Wake Electric seeks applicants for a one-week, all expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. for the 2022 Electric Youth Tour. Winners also receive a $1,000 scholarship. Winners MUST go on the Washington Trip to be eligible for the $1,000 scholarship. The trip will be from June 18 – 24, 2022. Students who attend the Youth Tour will join 1,500 high school students from across the U.S. to learn about electric cooperatives, American history and the U.S. government. Students will also visit the historic sites and federal facilities of the nation’s capital, as well as spend time with their congressional delegations. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded the following year upon proof of enrollment in a North Carolina college or university.
The deadline to apply is December 15, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. Applications must be in our office by the deadline. Any applications received after that date will be disqualified. Applicants will be notified in mid-January 2022.
Applicants must currently be high school juniors in Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake counties. Applicants DO NOT have to live in households served by Wake Electric in order to win.
Volunteer to Share Your Expertise: The Rolesville High School Business Alliance invites you to become part of your child’s education through involvement in our School-to-Career activities. We encourage you to partner with us to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge for tomorrow’s global workforce. School-to-Career activities include: classroom guest speaking, career fair participation, workplace tours, job shadowing, and curriculum integration projects & more. For additional information: https://bit.ly/RHSBusinessAllianceInfo
IMPORTANT - Seniors Who Have Not Provided Evidence of MCV Vaccination: Seniors who have not had their vaccination and submitted evidence prior to Nov. 1st will be excluded from school. This means that students will not be allowed to participate in school onsite or online. We hope that we only need a copy of the record of vaccination in most cases. Please provide to Student Services right away or set up an appointment to get the vaccine right away. This vaccine is required by law.
National Achiever Society and RHS Support Breast Cancer Research: Our NAS Honor Society is planning to participate in fundraising through a Breast Cancer Walk. They are seeking sponsors to support their efforts. Please consider supporting them in the walk or as a donor.
Info about the walk:
Location: Briar Creek Corporate Center @ 8010 Arco Corporate Dr, Raleigh, NC
Make-up Picture Day (9th-11th grade): Strawbridge will be here on 10/28 for make-up pictures for any student who has not had their picture taken this school year. This is the last opportunity to have your student's picture taken for the yearbook and for student IDs.
Virtual Academy Picture Day (9th-11th grade): Strawbridge will be here on 10/28 from 1:00-2:30 (4th period) in the aux gym for any Virtual Academy student who has not had their picture taken this school year. This is the last opportunity to have your student's picture taken for the yearbook and for student IDs.
Senior Portrait Make-ups: Our final session of senior portraits is 10/28 in the aux. gym. There is no sitting fee. Drapes/tuxes will be provided by Strawbridge. Please sign-up for an appointment here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c4baeae2fa3fe3-rolesville9
Sophomore Announcement Platform: All sophomores are invited to join our Google Classroom to keep up with important announcements throughout the school year. The code is:
Support for PTSA: We are planning to move forward with the annual Reindeer Days event. I am certain that we will be seeking much assistance from our RamFam to support the event. Please put the first Saturday of November into your calendar and perhaps even the Friday evening before as we will need much help with set-up, managing during the event and then clean-up.
Also, I want to mention membership and no-fuss donations. Because the PTSA was unable to hold Reindeer Days last year, their organization was unable to raise the money we are accustomed to having to support school activities. They would love families to join PTSA, but a no-fuss donation to the organization would actually go further to support activities. If you are so inclined to join or donate, we will accept donations in the office. You can also join PTSA on the PTA MemberHub.
Help with College Applications: Hey Senior RAMS! Sign up for assistance to submit your NC College applications during RHS's College Application Day event - Tuesday, October 19, 2021 from 7:30 am - 2:30 pm. Registration link: https://forms.gle/XPGe6ax1J3wnTDF68
Attention: Parents of High School Seniors: Your teen may need another vaccine! North Carolina law requires Meningococcal vaccine for entry into 12th grade.
If your student may already have all required vaccines. The shot record needs to be presented to the school before Nov. 1.
- Talk to your teen’s doctor to find out if they need Meningococcal vaccine.
- Make sure your teen gets the vaccines they need before November 1st.
- Get a copy of your teen’s shot record to take to school.
- While at the doctor, make sure your teen is up to date on other vaccines and their yearly checkup.
Where can my teen get this vaccine? Your teen’s doctor or health care provider.
If your teen does not have a health care provider, call a Wake County Human Services location:
Wake Forest—Northern Regional Center
350 East Holding Avenue
Call 919-562-6300 for an appointment
Raleigh—Public Health Center
10 Sunnybrook Road
Call 919-250-3900 for an appointment
Zebulon—Eastern Regional Center
1002 Dogwood Lane
Call 919-404-3900 for an appointment
Google Classroom for Freshman Announcements: Ms. Calabrese is the counselor who coordinates freshman information. She has set up a Google Classroom to post announcements. You must access with your Ram’s WakeID.
Virtual Tutoring Provided by National Honor Society Students: To support students in VA who could use the help of our NHS Rams, there will be virtual tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-3:30. Use the Google code rhstutor.
COVID-19 FAQ: Ms. Chambliss developed the following FAQ to help our school community navigate school, exposures and quarantines during this challenging time.
Parents of Student Athletes: The Board of Education waived the attendance eligibility requirement for students participating in athletics during the fall semester of this school year. Please note that at this time, the attendance requirement is waived for participation during this semester only. Students who wish to participate in athletics during the second semester of this school year will need to be in attendance at least 85% of the current semester to participate during the second semester (2022).
Jostens Products - Class Rings and Seniors Products: If your Ram did not place an order when Jostens was onsite, orders can be placed online at Jostens.com. If students did not get a packet (including VA students), we will have them available at the Counselor Corner during lunch and the main office.
2022 Yearbooks are on sale! Order your copy of the 2022 yearbook for the year's cheapest price and 4 free personalized icons. Order at jostensyearbooks.com.
RHS Clubs: We have had a couple of questions about clubs, particularly from parents of freshmen. You can click this link, and it will bring you to the directory of clubs we offer at RHS. If a student finds a club he or she likes, have your Ram email the advisor associated with the club and the advisor can provide her more information.
Updates from Rolesville Athletic Club: Get fresh new merchandise and apparel! We are stocked with new items and all sizes Small - 5XL! #RAMUp
Sponsor Rolesville Athletics - PLEASE SHARE!!!!
Join the Rolesville Athletic Club:
Volunteer to work Volleyball concessions & merchandise:
Volunteer to work Soccer concessions & merchandise:
Volunteer to work Football concessions & merchandise:
Volunteer to help #BeautifyRolesville:
Support our "RAM Head" walk