RHS Weekly Updates | August 11, 2018
PTSA Updates - Take 2 ( membership updated with the rest as reminders)
- PTSA is making it much easier to join by having you register online to join in support of the students and staff of RHS. Pay online at https://rolesvillehsptsa.memberhub.store.
- The Board wishes to reinstate the scholarship opportunity for the upcoming year. For a student to be eligible to apply, he or she must be a PTSA member.
- Anyone who will be a volunteer during the year must register to be a WCPSS volunteer. We will also have computers available at events, since you have to be on a WCPSS campus to register. It is very important that you reapply each year or apply for the first time early in the year...no later than October 31st.
- There will be upcoming Sign-Up Geniuses, especially for the senior breakfast (first Friday of the school year) PTSA will need water, juice boxes, individually packaged breakfast bars, napkins, plates, etc.
- Don’t forget to relink your Harris Teeter, Lowes and Target RedCard for RHS….oh, and Amazon Smile!
Summer Mailer: These were delivered to the WCPSS mailroom for bulk mailing on Thursday. They should be in your homes by Wednesday.
Ram Camp: Thank you to the PTSA, clubs, Rolesville Business Alliance and the planning team for your hard work to prepare. It was great to see all of the students and parents. We hope it helped to alleviate the butterflies about the first day.
Parking and Lunch Passes: Make sure you have checked online and pay attention to all of the details. If you come on the dates for face-to-face sales, it is IMPORTANT that you come with all information as required AND you must have exact cash, money order or certified check. Deadlines and sales dates are listed online in the Student drop down menu.
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms: WCPSS has implemented an online form in an effort to reduce errors and to speed up approvals. There will be paper forms available for pick up at school, but the quickest way to apply is through www.MySchoolApps.com. Families are encouraged to apply online for 2018-19 benefits. Students who were on F&R status for 2017-18 will be approved for the same status until October 9th. After October 9th, that status goes away unless the form has been completed and processed for approval.
Families who are leaving: We need as accurate a planning student number as we can get. This number impacts the number of teachers and number of classes that we are able to offer. If you are leaving (even if the records request has not been made by another school), please cue us to tell us that this adjustment is on the way. The less change we have after the start of school regarding teachers, classes, schedules, etc, the better off everyone will be.
Registration deadline July 30th regarding Bus Transportation: If you know folks moving into or have moved into the area and did not register their Ram-to-be by July 30th, please let them know that they will need to provide transportation for the first 30 days of school. For everyone who is already in the system, it is also important to check your child’s Powerschool account to see if it has been marked yes or no for transportation provided. I just want everyone to be prepared for whether or not there will be transportation and, if so, which route.
Senior Fees - Revised: This fee is required for graduation. We will provide the deadlines and important dates for seniors at the senior breakfast. The bookkeeper set the Online School Payments portal to go live on July 16th, so you should be able to pay now. Feel free to go ahead and pay to check that off the senior list.
Schedule Change Requests: We will follow a process very similar to the one we used last year. All information is list on our website under Students -> Student Services -> Schedule Change Requests. Online access to request a change will be available from August 13-29. Counselors will review the requests and respond to those that they can change from September 4-7. The following information was made available to students during registration in the Spring 2018 and was posted on the RHS website at that time: Once course selections are made, schedule change requests will only be made for the following reasons:
1) A student wants to increase rigor (moving from an Academic course to Honors course or an Honors course to an AP course)
2) A student is scheduled for a course they have previously passed, a student is missing a course needed to graduate (this only applies to Seniors)
3) A student has an incomplete schedule (holes in schedules will be filled with courses selected during the registration process OR classes with available space at the time of the request)
4) A student is scheduled for the same course twice, or a student has a schedule with a sequencing issue (i.e. scheduled for Spanish II before Spanish I - in this case the scheduling issue will be fixed, but the student will not be able to select new courses).
Students WILL NOT be able to change their schedule because they no longer wish to take a course they requested, they prefer to have a different teacher, or because they received a course that was not one of their top choices.