RHS Weekly Announcements | Dec. 13, 2019
2020-21 Assignment Strips Go Home: Dec. 19 or 20
Curriculum and AP Night: January 30th from 6:30-7:30 PM
Congratulations to our newest Nationally Board Certified Teachers: Megan Hall and Rebecca Weaver!
Congratulations to Mrs. Owens, Ms. Davis and their students who auditioned and were selected to participate in the annual WCPSS celebration of performance excellence, Pieces of Gold.
Pep Rally: We are planning a pep rally for Friday, Dec. 20th in the afternoon. This is going to be the issue. We cannot find students for checkout during the pep rally. If you are checking students out, you must do so before we start to transition to the gym for the event. We will communicate the times with the students to allow you to plan appropriately. We understand that some students may need to leave early to start holiday plans.
Congratulations, again, to the whole school community!!! I learned earlier this week that RHS was in the top 15% of schools in NC with respect to academic growth last year. We knew we exceeded, but we really did show an excellent team effort. Thank you to all who were part of making this happen!
Rising Ninth Grade Curriculum and Advance Placement Planning Night - January 30th: We will have a presentation for rising ninth graders and their parents to help with registration preparations. Likewise, we will have information regarding AP classes for next year.
Past Year Yearbooks: We have overrun copies from 2016-17 ($20), 2017-18 ($30) and 2018-19 ($50) for sale in room 4905. Sales will be cash only.
English II EOCs: The scores will be delayed this semester. I am giving the heads up now for students who are in those classes. We will send a formal letter home regarding the scores. It is important to note that these scores will continue to impact the school composite scores like achievement and growth as well as teacher effectiveness indices. We need to make sure the students give their best in support of the staff and to make sure their records reflect strong scores.
Wake Electric Youth Tour: This opportunity is for rising seniors and comes with a $1000 scholarship upon completion of the Washington, DC tour. Applications must be submitted by Dec. 18th. Information can be found at www.youthtour.coop and the application can be found at www.wemc.com/youth-tours/. We had a former Ram participate a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time! He is now putting that scholarship to good use! In addition to this scholarship, participants will be eligible to apply for additional scholarships in the amounts of $2,000 and $2,500. Questions can be asked through firstname.lastname@example.org or asked at (919) 863-6312.
From Rolesville Athletic Club:
- Rams Store will open 2 days: Just in time for Christmas shopping, the Rams store will be open during lunch on 12/13 & 12/19. We have lots of new stuff including umbrellas, blankets, long sleeve t-shirts, pom-poms, hoodies & winter hats. As always, you can order online or purchase at most home basketball games.
- Join the Rolesville Athletic Club: We are the sports boosters for all athletic teams at Rolesville HS. The cost to join is $10 and we meet on the first Monday of every month at 6:30 pm in the Media Center. It is FREE to visit! Our next meeting is Mon., Jan. 6th.
- Upcoming Fundraisers: We have our Chicken Plate Sale and Golf Tournament coming in the spring of 2020. More details forthcoming...
PTSA Scholarships: In December, PTSA will release information and a scholarship application for seniors who are members of PTSA. PTSA plans to award one scholarship of $500 to a student who will attend a two-year college and another $500 scholarship to a student member who will attend a four-year college or university.
HBCU College Fair at RHS: We still have a good bit of planning to do, but you need to know the date which is Saturday, February 1st. There will be information sessions in addition to opportunities to meet representatives from the colleges.
Business Ads in Yearbook: If you are interested in buying an ad in our yearbook or if you know someone who would like to purchase one, please email Ms. Rebecca Hatcher at email@example.com to let her know.
Language Preference in Talking Points: We are pleased that many of you are already engaging with staff through the Talking Points App. If you wish to receive the message in English instead of the home language provided to us in Powerschools, you may switch the language to English at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lSJyVEkFD65nhxtxfGVlHBGR7SQM6Kxn/view?usp=sharing.
Yearbook Purchase: The 2020 RHS Yearbook can be purchased at http://jostensyearbooks.com?ref=A01123709.
$80 until 1/31 (personalization ends)
$85 until 5/31
PTSA Needs Your Support: Any and all of these would be a great help.
- Please join PTSA! Forms were in the students’ first day packets.
- Harris Teeter wipes out links from their cards to schools in June each year. PLEASE link your HT card to Rolesville High School again.
- Please link us with your Lowes Foods card.
- When you are shopping, they ask that you use Amazon Smiles under RHS.
- Target Cards can be linked using code 1534.