RHS Weekly Announcements | Mar. 13, 2020
SAT at RHS: - March 14th
Link to WCPSS Menus: March
SAT at RHS - March 14th: The SAT is still being offered Saturday morning.
Important COVID - 19 Information: As of March 13, WCPSS is still planning to operate schools next week. As you know, this situation is evolving, so stay tuned. We know the following as of now:
- ALL extracurricular activities and events are suspended indefinitely beginning at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 15, 2020. This includes any school-based events happening before or after school hours.
- The North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA) has suspended interscholastic athletics beginning at 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 13, 2020, through Monday, April 6, 2020. All workouts, skill development, practices and contests are suspended for middle and high school. This means that there will be no practices or games for any middle and high school athletic teams.
- District-sponsored events that include the general public have been canceled indefinitely as of Monday, March 16
- Absences will not be considered when determining senior exemptions.
- To promote public safety, we ask all students, parents and staff to take your temperature prior to attending school. The CDC directs you to stay home if you have a temperature of 100.4 or higher or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
REPEAT - Vote for Coach Cowan! Our teacher and coach, Mr. Cowan, has been nominated for the NC Education Lottery’s School Hero Award. Please consider voting each day until March 15th. The link is
Ticket Pick Up Form:
The media center will start signing off on March 16th and will do it until April 3rd. April 3rd will be the last day for sign-offs. Please share this information with the students! The FAQ will be up and running by the end of the week on the Prom Website as well, that you can direct them to if they have any additional questions.
The last day to purchase tickets is April 3rd and they are going to be $90- April 1st-3rd.
Registration for 2020-21: We are meeting with students in small groups, entering their information and sending a copy of the registration home for signature by parents and students. Signed forms are to be returned the next day to the student’s second-period teacher.
Arts Need: We desperately need new mics for our musical performances (headsets). They are very expensive. The Arts Boosters have set up a GoFundMe page to help with the expenses. If you are so inclined or know of others who would like to help, please share this link. Our students and staff work really, really hard and they deserve equipment to help them shine. The link is here.
WCPSS Summer Writing Institute - June 15-July 2 from 9:30-1:30 at NCSU (no Fridays): WCPSS offers a writing institute to rising 9th-12th graders each summer. They have incredible writers/poets to share their work and coach young writers. If you have a Ram who is interested in writing and wishes to apply for the institute, please have him or her apply at bit.ly/WCPSSSWI2020. If you happen to have a Ram who has already attended and wishes to return, apply at bit.ly/SWIreturn2020.
Anonymous Tip Line: It has been a while since I reminded families of the WCPSS tip line. This line is intended for any information that needs to be shared with the administration about issues that are occurring or may occur within the school. This information is monitored by an outside vendor and shared as soon as possible with school administration. (919) 856-1911
Additional folks for PTSA Scholarship Committee: I have the names of the folks who have already emailed me and will share with PTSA. For any others who are interested, please complete this Sign-Up Genius. Thanks! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b44a5ae2fa3fc1-scholarship1
Dates to Keep in Mind for End-of-Year and Graduation: Parents of Seniors, you know life is going to be busy when we get near graduation. I want to make sure you have these dates now.
May 20 - Rehearse for Senior Awards (MANDATORY for Seniors)
May 21 - Senior Awards and Picnic (MANDATORY for Seniors)
June 4 - Graduation Rehearsal at Raleigh Convention Center, 6-8 PM (MANDATORY for Seniors)
June 6 - Baccalaureate at Lifepointe Church
June 8-12 - Exams
June 11 - Graduation at Raleigh Convention Center, Noon
Senior Baccalaureate Service: PTSA asked me to let you know that the date, time and location have been set for the Class of 2020. It is a voluntary senior activity sponsored by the PTSA and will be on June 6th at 10 AM at Life Pointe Church on Durant Road. More information will follow. They just wanted you to be aware in order to put it on your calendar.
PTSA Board Nominations: The current board is taking nominations for the 2020-21 board positions. If you are interested or have a nomination, please contact Candy Terrell-Galke at email@example.com Nominations are needed no later than April 1st.
PTSA Reindeer Day 2020 (Nov. 7th) Planning: The PTSA Board is also thinking ahead to next year’s event. They are in need of people who are willing to oversee specific functions of the event. At this time, they need someone to oversee the raffle, coordinate volunteers, manage marketing and oversee clean-up. If you are willing to do any one of these roles, please let Mrs. Lassiter know or let one of the current board members know.
- The deadline for seniors to join PTSA is April 13th in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. One scholarship will be awarded for $500 to a student who will be going to a four-year school. Another scholarship will be awarded for $500 to a student who will be going to a two-year school. Applications are available outside Student Services.
- PTSA needs volunteers who are not senior parents who are willing to be scholarship readers. Please email Mrs. Lassiter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to assist.
Yearbook Reminders: The cost of yearbooks is $85 from now on. Visit jostensyearbooks.com to purchase a yearbook.
Language Preference in Talking Points: We are pleased that many of you are already engaging with staff through the Talking Points App. If you wish to receive the message in English instead of the home language provided to us in Powerschools, you may switch the language to English at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lSJyVEkFD65nhxtxfGVlHBGR7SQM6Kxn/view?usp=sharing.
PTSA Needs Your Support: Any and all of these would be a great help.
- Please join PTSA! Forms were in the students’ first day packets.
- Harris Teeter wipes out links from their cards to schools in June each year. PLEASE link your HT card to Rolesville High School again.
- Please link us with your Lowes Foods card.
- When you are shopping, they ask that you use Amazon Smiles under RHS.
- Target Cards can be linked using code 1534.