RHS Weekly Announcements | April 23, 2021
Hello, Ram families!
I hope you all are doing okay.
Remember that students have an asynchronous day next Wednesday. Teachers will post assignments online for students to do independently.
REMINDER - PreACT Planning: This test is being offered to all 10th grade students that would like a practice test for the ACT. It is a curriculum and standard based educational tool that assesses the students' progress toward academic readiness for college and it will give students an estimated ACT score. If your student does not take this test this year it will not count against them in any way. However, there will not be another opportunity to take this test at school. The ACT will be offered their 11th grade year on campus.
Who: All 10th grade students (includes in-person and Virtual Academy students)
When: April 28th (remote learning day)
Time: 7:30 am
Where: Rolesville High School
Transportation: students may ride the bus* or provide their own transportation
*VA students that do not know their assigned bus please contact Mr. Wheeler at email@example.com
Rolesville Football Conference Champions Shop: Rolesville Football Parents have a Rolesville Football Conference Champions Shop! Check out the shop details below.
- Shop Now: https://www.bsnteamsports.com/shop/NpcxgkZuRD
- Store CLOSES April 26, 2021
"Stock-up Day" at the Lowes Foods: Rolesville football will be having a "stock up day" at the Lowes Foods on Forestville & Louisburg Roads from noon-5pm this Sunday, 4/25. Please come out and support the team.
From the Rolesville Athletic Club: Thanks for your helping make of our Spring Golf Tournament a success!
GET INVOLVED in your Rolesville Athletic Club (RAC)! Our next RAC booster meeting is Monday, 5/3 at 6:30pm. It's a virtual meeting and anyone may attend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link. You are invited to Join the Rolesville Athletic Club. We are accepting nominations for officers at this meeting. The following positions are available:
- Vice President
For more information, email email@example.com.
RAM Head Walk Fundraiser. Proudly display the name of your student, club, organization or team. Click here for more information or to sign up!
WCPSS Virtual Academy for 2020-21: Make sure you are paying attention to the information that WCPSS has sent to parents if you are considering Virtual Academy for next school year.
- Registration: April 22 - May 2 (5PM)
- Course Offerings: Core Curriculum and select elective courses
- Co- and Extracurricular Activities: Can participate but provide own transportation
- Statement of Understanding: families will need to sign to show understanding of commitment
Please make sure you review this each week. I will add new information and leave other pertinent information. I will also put the new information leading in read.
SO IMPORTANT: If you have not yet replied to the request from RHS to tell us if you prefer to participate in the larger graduation ceremonies on the football field on June 11th or the individual diploma pick-ups on the 12th, PLEASE let us know right away on this link. We also need to know if you are not planning to participate in either ceremony. We have much planning to do and these numbers are critical to this planning
The Ceremonies in the Stadium: If numbers allow, we really would like to hold two ceremonies. We understand that students want to walk in the same ceremony with their friends as much as possible. The sooner we can get the responses to the above link, the sooner we can tie this up.
Cap and Gown Pictures: These pictures will be taken by Strawbridge and will be optional. We will send up a Sign-Up Genius for April 30th from 9-11AM. Pictures will be taken in the Auxiliary Gym. The link for the Sign-Up Genius is: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c4baeae2fa3fe3-112921
Update - Graduation Announcements: Jostens will order some change of date inserts cards with the corrected dates and location.Times will not be included as there will be assigned ceremonies and rain adjustments.
Update - Graduation Information: We have shared the most important information on the school website under Students then Class of 1021. Please be certain you are checking this part of the website as this will be the place where we share information regarding graduation. The key information you need to know now is also found here. We need you to complete the form asap as this information is crucial to planning. Please, please make sure you take care of this request as time to prepare is limited.
Planning for Graduation: As you know, there will be no graduation ceremonies at the Raleigh Convention Center this year. Schools will host their own ceremonies on site. We will host both larger ceremonies similar to the RCC ceremony and intimate celebrations for families who prefer not to be in large crowds. We will soon send information to help you plan. We will also ask you to commit to one format or the other to help us plan accordingly. In the meantime, there are a couple of things senior families need to do now to prepare.
- If you have not ordered a cap and gown, you must do so through Jostens.com. You must have a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
- As you can imagine, expenses to hold events at school will increase in order to plan for and deliver nice events. Senior fees must be paid through Online School Payments on our school website. Thank you to those who have already taken care of this. For those who need to do so, please go ahead and submit the fees to allow us to prepare.
PTSA Scholarship: As mentioned earlier, PTSA is sponsoring two scholarships each in the amount of $250 to two RHS seniors who must be members of the PTSA. The application is online this year and can be found here. Applications will be accepted from April 1st until April 30th only.
Applying for Scholarships: Check out the scholarship update at the RHS Student Services website weekly! You can't earn $$ if you don't apply!
CTE Concentrator Survey for Seniors: Mrs. Long has requested that all seniors complete the following survey. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfT9e-JP5Y9rWVcrhxYi_WAECNNdOMtAixY1tUz_-0DIxD0ZQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
INFORMATION: WAKE TECH CCP PROGRAM
CCP Self-Registration (currently open)
CCP Self-Registration opened on Thursday, April 15th.
- New Students: Must follow Steps 1-10 within the "Enrolling in CCP" section on the CCP Webpage.
- Continuing Students: Must submit a Summer and/or Fall EV Form located within their Self-Service Account. If the forms are not available, students will need to contact a CCP Staff Member to have the forms added.
- Enrollment Checklists for both New and Continuing Students can be found within Step 3 within the "Enrolling in CCP" section on the CCP Webpage.
CCP Graduating Seniors
CCP Graduating Seniors should follow the following protocol regarding Summer and/or Fall Registration:
- Summer: Seniors should submit a 2021 Summer EV Form located in their Self-Service Account (if the their graduation date is after May 19th. If students plan to enroll as a CCP Summer student and Fall "Traditional" Student at the same time, they must also be admitted as a traditional student (by completing RDS and the Wake Tech Application)
- Fall: Seniors who do not plan to enroll as a Summer CCP Student must email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a "Virtual Advising" appointment to request to be exited from the CCP Program. Once exited, students will be able to register for the Fall Term as a traditional student (with notification that they will not be able to enroll in Summer courses via CCP).
Virtual Appointments Reminder (Check My Status & Virtual Advising)
Students can meet with a CCP Staff Member by scheduling a Virtual Appointment on the CCP Admissions & Advising Page.
- Check My Status: Any student who has a pending CCP Application and/or Eligibility Verification Form
- Advising: Any student who is currently enrolled or recently admitted and has questions about courses, pathways, or registration
Recent Events: CCP Transition Day & HS Partners Conference
We would like to thank everyone who attended the CCP Transition Day and HS Partners Conference events! Attached you will find the PowerPoint presentation and information from the CCP Session during the conference.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- April 24: CCP Application Form Deadline - New Students (Summer Only) *Deadline for students who have not applied yet as a New Student
- May 7: CCP Self-Registration & EV Form Deadline (Summer Only) *EV Forms for Summer are due and students will no longer be able to register themselves for courses
- May 11: CCP Course Selection Form Opens (Summer Only) *Students who were not able to register themselves can submit the electronic form to request new or additional courses.
- May 14: CCP Course Selection Form Deadline (Summer Only)
- May 19: First Day of Class (Summer)
- June 11: CCP Application Form Deadline - New Students (Fall Only)
- July 23: CCP Self-Registration & EV Form Deadline (Fall Only)
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact me.
Virtual Academy for 2021-22: This is the information that WCPSS shared last week for those who might be interested.
Reminders from the Office: Now that more students are back in the building (YAY), we need to remind you that student checkouts at the end of the day need to be done by 1:50PM. It is a challenge to juggle everything that happens in the office at the end of the day, especially when we have to contact teachers and have students come to the office before things like announcements start. Please make sure you come before 1:50Pm for checkouts.
Also, student drivers who have notes to leave early for appointments must bring the note to Mrs. Alderman at the very beginning of the day before going to first period.
Youth Leadership Rolesville: Do you know a rising 10th-12th grader that wants to learn more about his/her leadership potential, local business leaders, and town opportunities? More information, program goals, student qualifications, program timeline and application can be found here: https://rolesvillechamber.org/youth-leadership-rolesville/ Applications are due: May 7th, 2021!
Rolesville High School Digital Arts and Project Management Business Academy: Please check out https://www.wcpss.net/site/default.aspx?PageID=42036 for updated information about opportunities for current 9th graders to join the Rolesville High School Digital Arts and Project Management Business Academy.
Wellness Workshop Opportunities for Families Share with and encourage families to participate in our free wellness workshops, including Circle Connections, keeping kids emotionally and physically safe, stress management and wellness skills, and a Virtual Parent Summit. This can help families learn about emotional support strategies being used in our schools, which can also benefit families at home. We have posted on WakeConnect a message ready for you to use in your newsletters to families. The district is sending this information to families today. We will share similar info soon about professional development and self-care sessions available for staff-only.
CFNC for Juniors - Excellent Virtual Resources for College Planning: Go here to learn more.
NHS Application process started Mar 17: Qualifying Juniors and Sophomores should receive 2 emails over the weekend. One email is for joining the google classroom for the application process. The second email will contain congratulations on eligibility and other important information.
From Rolesville Athletic Club:
- RAM Head Walk Fundraiser. Proudly display the name of your student, club, organization or team. Click here for more information or to sign up!
- Merchandise and apparel will be on sale at all home football games - JV & Varsity.!
PTSA No-Fuss Fundraiser: Ms. Kristen Tyson was the winner of our first wreath from Creative Creations by Nicole & she chose the Pittsburgh Steelers.
You can be our next winner drawn by making a no fuss donation to help our students & teachers with scholarships, senior celebrations, teacher classroom grants, etc.
No fuss link: https//rolesvillehsptsa.member hub.store/
Thinking ahead about future testing: These dates are for families to whom this applies.
Continued ACCESS testing - March 24th and Mondays March 8th - April 19th
AP Exams - May 3rd - June 11th
Spring Sem. Exams - June 4th - 10th
NHS Virtual Tutoring started March 2 from 2:30 to 3:30 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For Google Meet, use the nickname RHStutor.
Youth Leadership Wake Forest:
Do you know a rising 10th-12th grader that wants to learn more about his/her leadership potential, local business leaders, and town opportunities? Applications for Youth Leadership Wake Forest’s 2021-22 class AND a new summer Youth Leadership Academy are now open! For more details, click here: tinyurl.com/axw8d4s8.
- Click here for a 2-minute video of Wake Forest Mayor Vivian Jones sharing her experience with the program.
WCPSS Seeking Substitutes: Our district has recently launched a campaign to recruit substitute teachers. Our subs receive training, work flexible hours and earn bi-weekly pay and incentives based on the number of jobs they pick up. If you have an interest in supporting our schools and shaping bright futures, visit wcpss.net/subs to learn more. I am sharing these flyers for your information.
Please support PTSA
If you have not linked your grocery cards or use Amazon Smile, please do so to support our PTSA. It is the easiest way for us to raise the money that we desperately need to support school functions. The Amazon Smile online is listed as Rolesville High School PTSA. The Harris Teeter code is 2392 and the Target code is 15343. Remember that Lowes Foods cards can also be linked.
PTSA drew on 12/18 for the first custom wreath. Remember that a no-fuss donation gets you a chance to win a custom wreath. There will be a drawing in January and another in February. Your donations support scholarships, senior celebrations, teacher classroom grants and more.
From the Rolesville Athletic Club:
Livestreaming Athletic Events
WCPSS Athletics has officially installed live streaming cameras in all twenty-four (24) high school stadiums and gymnasiums to help provide parents, relatives, and friends with access to hundreds of athletics events throughout the year. Watch hundreds of football, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, and wrestling games! Now, friends and relatives who can't attend local sporting events can watch live from any device. Your annual subscription includes access to the entire network including all twenty-four (24) Wake County high schools, JV and Varsity events, live and on-demand.
TO SUBSCRIBE & ENSURE A PORTION OF YOUR PURCHASE GOES BACK TO WAKE COUNTY ATHLETICS, CLICK THE LINK AND CLICK ON "ROLESVILLE." https://www.wakecountyathletics.com/livestreaming
ANNUAL PASS - $5.83/mo. - Billed at $69.99 - (30% Goes Back to Your School) OR MONTHLY PASS - $10.99/mo. - Billed monthly. Cancel anytime. - (10% Goes Back to Your School)
Have a great weekend and stay RAM STRONG!