RHS Weekly Updates | May 27, 2018
School Closed Monday: We will be observing Memorial Day.
Class of 2018 Students who attended Harris Creek: On Tuesday, June 5, from 3-4:30 PM, seniors who attended HCES are invited to participate in a parade through the school with a reception in the media center. Please wear cap and gown to show senior/grad pride. The folks at HCES would really love to see you. This graduating class had students who started HCES as kindergarteners.
Graduation Rehearsal - It is Wednesday, May 30th, at Raleigh Convention Center from 6-8 PM: Students need to be in RCC at 6 PM. We will move immediately to seats, review the agenda and practice everything they will need to do for graduation. Enter at the Cabarrus St. doors. Parking in the deck is $7, so students may want to carpool and split the cost. We strongly suggest that girls practice in heels if they are planning to wear them. Otherwise, dress is casual. Caps and gowns are not needed. We were gracious regarding required attire for the senior awards. Some students did not wear the proper attire. We have reviewed with students and parents. If you need answers, please check the information we have placed on the website or ask questions. We want everyone to have a positive experience with nothing that will causes distractions or heartache.
Class of 2018 Baccalaureate: (Repeat of email from PTSA) This is a reminder that baccalaureate service is next Saturday 6/2 10am. Graduates are requested to arrive at 9:30 in graduation attire at the Wake Tech Auditorium in Building E. The program will be 1 hour from 10am to 11am so graduates will need to be on time.
The program will contain a diverse list of presenters from the Rolesville High School family to encourage the graduates as well as a special guest speaker that every student will be familiar with. Refreshments will be provided from Chick-fil-a and Krispy Crème doughnuts along with music and photo booths in the reception area for the graduates to enjoy.
Thank you to those who have updated their RSVPed guest to 4 or less. If you have not updated your RSVPed guest, please do so as soon as possible. Thanks for working with us on this.
Lastly, if you have not submitted pictures for the slideshow or have some pictures from Awards day, senior picnic, or the senior trip this week, please provide those ASAP to
email@example.com. They will try to incorporate as many as time allows.
Exam Schedule: It has been posted online. Please check carefully. Don’t forget to register to proctor in exchange for graduation tickets (seniors) or athletic passes (underclassmen).
Summit for Young Women: Fidelity Investments invites 8th through 12th grade females, including graduates, to participate in an exclusive Summit for young women powered by the Boundless Program at Fidelity Investments, 100 New Millennium Way, Durham. The event will be held on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, from 8:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Space is limited! To register, go to https://fmr.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3C3jdkJoLGlH1hb.
Summer Opportunity: Join Habitat Wake for a Summer of Service! To apply for this volunteer opportunity, please call 919-744-2417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to gaining exposure to leaders in the community, this opportunity provides hands-on experience in the core program areas of Habitat, non-profit exposure, involvement in special events, and a certificate to add to your portfolio or resume.
Bus Rider Registration 2018-19 School Year: On Friday, May 11, 2018, we will begin accepting (via the web and the Transportation Module) requests from transportation eligible families for the 2018-19 school year.
- Cut off Dates to Ensure First Day Service: Any transportation eligible family who needs to make a change for 2018-19 is requested to meet the following deadlines to ensure service on the first day of school:
- July 30 for Traditional calendar schools. Requests received after this cut off dates will be processed in the order received and WCPSS Transportation will make every effort to provide service as quickly as possible.
- Broadcast Message for Families: On May 11, the Transportation Department will send a broadcast message via SchoolMessenger to all current bus riders that are eligible for transportation that communicates the following:
- If your (transportation eligible) child will be riding the bus from the same address to the same school next year, you do not need to take action. If you need to update your bus service, please go online at www.wcpss.net/busrider.
- Up-to-date transportation information is available in your student’s Home Base/PowerSchool account. More information on Home Base is available at www.wcpss.net/student-information.
- If your student is assigned to a bus but is not a bus rider, please submit the decline bus
- Post Bus Routes: Bus routes will be posted to the web and will be communicated to families via SchoolMessenger based on the following schedule:
- August 17 for Traditional calendar schools
- Non Basic Transportation: Transportation will begin receiving requests for Dual Stops for Joint Custody, Alternate Stop (Before and After-School Care) and Transportation–Ineligible students on:
- September 26 for Traditional calendar schools
- Transportation has begun a process to retain existing Alternate Stops (before and after-school care) that are located in the base attendance area. Transportation will be contacting these families directly.
- Here Comes the Bus: An updated version of the app is expected to be released by Synovia no later than June, 2018. The new version should update automatically for existing app users. Please support use of the app with your bus rider families. Additional information will be forthcoming.
Senior Portrait Information: Strawbridge Studios will be taking care of our school pictures for the upcoming school year. I have previously mentioned that the week of July 31st, we will be hosting the senior picture event at RHS. There is important information you need to know now to help you prepare for the sessions.
First, you will get a letter with a session date and time to which your senior is assigned. Be on the lookout for this important information. It is also very important to know that if you cannot attend at that time, you will need to contact Strawbridge to reschedule. They will look at other times at RHS or at other Wake high schools that will be following the same summer format but on different days.
There will be two different sitting fee types which will be explained in the letter: either $15 or $25. When the students are here, they will take some combination of the tux/drape, cap and gown, indoor informal or outdoor informal. The letter will explain more.
There will be tux/drape makeups during the school year for seniors, but that will be the only pose.
The letters that will come in June will spell out more details. I just wanted you to know a bit more now in order to understand that we will not be going to a studio but coming to RHS this summer. I also wanted you to know the time frame.
Graduation Information: The information that was shared at the parent meeting has been posted to the website.
Fees and Fines: First, all fees and fines must be paid for students to be eligible to get prom tickets when they are supposed to be delivered to students. Notices have been distributed. Secondly, seniors cannot participate in graduation activities unless they clear fees and fines.