RHS Weekly Announcements | Nov. 8, 2019
Report Cards Go Home: Nov. 8
Deadline to Sign-up for ACT Practice: Nov. 9
Yearbook Lowest Price Good: through Nov. 15 @$75
Veterans Day - No School: Nov. 11
Fall Play “Harvey”: Nov. 14-16 @ 7 PM
PTSA Board Meeting: Nov. 18th at 6 PM
ACT Practice @ RHS: Nov. 23
Items from Rolesville Athletic Club:
- Senior Night will be 11/8 at the football game. Arrive at 6 pm for the festivities. The game begins at 7 pm. for Varsity Cheer, Football & Band - The Rolesville Riot is calling for a "Blackout".
- Don’t forget, we have lots of new stuff including blankets, long sleeve t-shirts, pom-poms, hoodies & winter hats. As always, you can order online or purchase at the game.
- Our 5th Annual Boston Butt Fundraiser is underway! We are taking PRE-ORDER only for $35 up until 11/19. Forms are located in the main office and information is online at www.racnc.com
- All sports Punch Card Passes are discounted for the month of November from $50 to $25. They will be available whenever merchandise & apparel are on sale.
- Winter sports night is Tuesday, November 12th beginning at 5:30 pm. The RAC will have punch cards available along with merchandise & apparel available. The will also be concessions.
- RAC "Meet & Greet" will be held Saturday, 11/9, from noon to 3 pm at Greenway on Main St. Hope to see you there!
College Rep Visits: Students need to sign up in student services to attend the college rep presentations. Also, make sure you are on our Twitter feed for reminders.
November 12 (9:00 am)--Meredith College
November 12 (1:00 pm)--UNC-Greensboro
November 18 (9:00 am)--University of Alabama
November 19 (9:00 am)--Campbell University
November 20 (9:00 am)--William Peace University
November 22 (8:00 am)--North Carolina Central University
National Achievers Society: They are holding food and toiletry drive to support Interact. Homerooms will be part of a competition. Items they will collect from Nov. 4-22 are
Toiletry Items: Hand Soap, Shower gel, Shaving cream, Shampoo / Conditioner, Disposable Shower Caps, Stick deodorant, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Toilet tissue, Box tissue, Combs/brushes, Hand Sanitizer and Feminine hygiene products
Food Items: Bottled water, Crackers/Nabs, Dried fruits and nuts (individually wrapped), Granola bars, Juice boxes, Microwave meals (non-frozen), Microwave mac/cheese and Microwave instant mashed potatoes
As Cold and Flu Season Ramps Up: WCPSS provides guidance on the system website at https://www.wcpss.net/Page/168. This information will help you determine if a student should or should not attend school. It also provides information about vaccinations if you follow the links embedded in the site.
Codes for Online Picture Orders from Strawbridge Studios:
October 24th - FM3190
August 7th - FM319045
September 25th - FM319050
Business Ads in Yearbook: If you are interested in buying an ad in our yearbook or if you know someone who would like to purchase one, please email Ms. Rebecca Hatcher at email@example.com to let her know.
Group Conferences with Counselors: Each year, we have grade-level conferences between students and their counselors. We have completed senior and junior conferences.
Sophomore Group Conferences: November 13-15
Practice ACT - Saturday, November 23: We will have our Practice ACT Test for any Junior. We encourage all Juniors to take this Practice ACT to help prepare them for the real test in February, which is a test used for college admission. Students interested in taking the Practice ACT should sign up on the RHS homepage in the banner scrolling across the page.
Language Preference in Talking Points: We are pleased that many of you are already engaging with staff through the Talking Points App. If you wish to receive the message in English instead of the home language provided to us in Powerschools, you may switch the language to English at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lSJyVEkFD65nhxtxfGVlHBGR7SQM6Kxn/view?usp=sharing.
Reminder to complete the Student Services Needs Assessment: We are asking parents to complete our RHS Parent Needs Assessment Survey, using the following link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1afC4Sq6jRdW0MWNZfiCy3lYfPzCtX2_CrejAm2zd78I/edit?usp=sharing We are using data from our needs assessment surveys to create programs that will better serve our students.
Virtual Meet-the-Teacher: In past years, we have hosted fall meet-the-teacher open houses. We know folks are very, very busy and face-to-face meetings might not be the best way for a majority of our families to gather information. We have taken a different step this year to create a virtual site that shares teachers and teaching-team information. We will load the virtual site in the very near future. Please check the website under Parents.
Rams Gear for Sale: Our winter headwear has arrived and will be on sale next week. Our online store is always open 24/7/365 for merchandise and apparel at:http://bit.ly/RolesvilleRamsBoostersSpiritWear
Gently Used Caps and Gowns: There are times that we could use the caps and gowns of graduates for displays, etc. We would be happy to take back clean and gently used ones if you would like to get them out of the house. Some of you have younger siblings here and might want to send them in. If so, we would welcome them.
Yearbook Purchase: The 2020 RHS Yearbook can be purchased at http://jostensyearbooks.com?ref=A01123709. The cost is $70 until Sept. 30th, and the yearbooks will be delivered to the school near the end of May. The cost associated with dates are listed below:
$75 until 11/15
$80 until 1/31 (personalization ends)
$85 until 5/31
PTSA Needs Your Support: Any and all of these would be a great help.
- Please join PTSA! Forms were in the students’ first day packets.
- Harris Teeter wipes out links from their cards to schools in June each year. PLEASE link your HT card to Rolesville High School again.
- Please link us with your Lowes Foods card.
- When you are shopping, they ask that you use Amazon Smiles under RHS.
- Target Cards can be linked using code 1534.