Information on Enrollment Caps

  • Many schools have reached the maximum number of students they can effectively teach. When that happens, the Board of Education may place an enrollment cap on the school. 
    If you recently moved to your home and are assigned to a capped school, your child may be assigned to an overflow school. However, you should still begin the registration process at your assigned base school. 

    Capped schools for 2017-18

    • Capped Elementary Schools: Baileywick, Carpenter, Cedar Fork, Combs, Fuquay-Varina, Harris Creek, Holly Grove, Mills Park, Olive Chapel, Sycamore Creek, Vance, Willow Springs
    • Capped Middle Schools: Apex, Mills Park
    • Capped High Schools: Enloe, Fuquay-Varina, Heritage, Panther Creek
    Note: In the case of magnet schools, the enrollment cap does not affect the number of magnet seats available during the selection process.  
    Learn more by clicking on the FAQ boxes below.

Capped Schools

  • My base school is capped. What does that mean for my child?

  • Who may attend a capped school?

  • What if I move into the base attendance area of a school after enrollment has been capped?

  • Where do I enroll if my base school has an enrollment cap?

  • How do I prove residency when enrolling?

  • Will I be contacted if a seat opens up at my base school?

  • How do modular units affect crowding?