Camp WCPSS Summer Learning Program
WCPSS operates several summer learning programs to support students in finding success! Program descriptions are provided below.
Read to Achieve
The goal of the Read to Achieve program is to ensure that every student reads at grade level by the end of third grade. Students in second and third grade who meet the selection criteria are invited to participate. Read More
High School Credit Recovery
The high school credit recovery program provides students who have failed courses during the school year with an opportunity to recover those credits. The purpose of this program is to support students in staying on track for promotion and/or graduation. Students who have questions should contact their school counselor.
Career Accelerator Program
This program will provide students in grades 10-12 with the opportunity to engage in more specialized programs with industry partners, credentials, etc. Programs will include:
- WakeEd Career Accelerator. Along with community partners, students will engage in short-term work-based learning at partner sites to see how their career interest is operationalized in different settings. Targeted industry sectors include: agribusiness, healthcare, information technology and hospitality.
- Credential Bootcamps. This two-week experience will support students who have already engaged in coursework but will return for more advanced learning to support mastering their credential.
- ACE Mentor. This condensed summer opportunity will provide an opportunity for intensive design and modeling in architecture, construction, and engineering.
- Builder Bridge. In partnership with local home and commercial builders, students will have the opportunity to visit sites and see construction at various stages and the types of jobs performed.
- District C Teamship. Students will be immersed in a problem-solving cycle for a local business. They will learn about the business need, create a solution and pitch the idea to industry partners.
- Red Hat Academy. Students will have the opportunity to engage in Red Hat Academy courses.
Questions can be addressed to your assigned school or submitted using this link.