• Transfer requests cannot be processed from June 30 to July 9 while state officials conduct the annual rollover process. Transfer requests will be able to be submitted again beginning July 10.

    Comments (-1)

Change your school

New student gets a crown
  • Request a School Transfer for 2020-21 

    The official request period for existing Wake County Public School System students seeking a school transfer for the 2020-21 school year ended on March 6. Here are remaining transfer request options:

    • Families of existing Wake County Public School System students can still submit transfer requests. Not all decisions are eligible for appeal to the school board.
    • Families of students newly enrolling into the Wake County Public School System can submit a request for transfer within the first 10 days of enrollment. Those requests would be eligible for appeal to the school board if denied by staff. See Board Policy 4100.D.1.a. for more information. 

     Learn more about transfer requests and find the transfer request portal. 


    Apply to an Early College School for 2020-21 (Application Period is Closed)

    Early College High Schools help students get a head start on college while they earn their high school diploma. Learn more.


    Apply to a Magnet and/or Year-Round School for 2020-21 (Application Period is Closed)

    The magnet and year-round application period was Oct. 26-Jan. 30. Families were notified on Feb. 19, 2020 if they received a seat at an application school. Find out more about the application process.