Approved 2021-22 Stability Rules
Our stability policy gives certain students the option of staying at the school they currently attend even if their assignment changes. The period to request a transfer under this policy ended in December. The following rules apply to students who experienced an assignment change as a result of the opening of Willow Spring High.
High School Students Assigned to Willow Spring High
- Students rising to grades 11 and 12 living in the base attendance area of Willow Spring High cannot attend Willow Spring High, because it is opening for 9th and 10th only.
- They will remain at their current high school and continue to receive their current level of transportation.
- Any siblings rising to 9th and 10th grades were eligible to submit a transfer request during the request period to stay at their current school with their older siblings. Those younger siblings can then remain at the current school even after the older sibling graduates.
- Those younger sibilings are eligible to receive transportation only for as long as the older sibling attends that school or they change addresses, whichever comes first. After that, no transportation will be provided.
High School Students Newly Assigned to Fuquay-Varina High
- All students whose assignments are proposed to change from an existing school to an existing school (Holly Springs High to Fuquay-Varina High) were eligible to submit a transfer request during the request period to remain at their current school.
- Rising 9th graders newly assigned to Fuquay-Varina High were eligible to submit a transfer request during the request period and stay at their current school if they have an older sibling attending Holly Springs High. They will be able to stay at Holly Springs High through the exit grade.
- Students who remain at their current school under this policy do not receive district transportation.