It's one of our favorite times of the year. When we get to witness the culmination of 13 years of hard work and determination. When we say farewell, knowing that 11,000 students are walking across the graduation stage and into the rest of their lives.
Time to Celebrate!
Our teachers, principals and community want to help all of our students achieve this milestone. Graduation Day is the time to celebrate everyone's hard work and support.
Most graduation ceremonies will occur June 10-13, 2020 at the Raleigh Convention Center in downtown Raleigh or at Reynolds Coliseum on the campus of North Carolina State University. Some small high schools will hold ceremonies at various locations in late May.
Check the Graduation Schedule calendar on the right to find out when and where your friend or loved one will be turning his or her tassel.
Check our Twitter account - @WCPSS - for livestream links, which will be posted approximately 15 minutes before each ceremony. The links are also found in the Graduation Schedule calendar on the right.
Concurrent Downtown Events/Traffic Alerts
- Concerts, street fairs, road races and other special events are likely to be happening nearby, especially over the weekend. We will inform you of these in this space.
- We also will alert you to any additional traffic-related concerns that might affect planning your trip to the venue.
- Please allow AMPLE time to anticipate traffic congestion, parking issues, walking to the venue and finding your seat. We ask that you be seated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ceremony.
General Tips and Information for Families
- Plan ahead. Students must be in place at least one hour before the ceremony starts. Allow significant time for traffic and parking.
- Carpool. Share a ride from home or school and save on gas and parking.
- If your ceremony is at the Convention Center, bring a City of Raleigh parking map.
- If your ceremony is at Reynolds, you may park in the deck adjacent to the coliseum.
- Practice patience and watch for pedestrians. Thousands of students and patrons of other events will be on sidewalks and crosswalks. Pedestrians should observe crossing signals to stay safe.
Curbside Assistance at the Convention Center
- The parking spaces located along McDowell Street adjacent to the Raleigh Convention Center under the 'Shimmer Wall' will be reserved for passenger drop-off for the duration of the graduation schedule.
- Golf carts will be available at the drop-off area and nearby parking garages to transport anyone with difficulty walking long distances to the doors of the Convention Center.
Take a look at just a few of the stories of our amazing graduates!
- Jeremee Jeter, East Wake High
- Abby Schiller, Crossroads FLEX
- Jordan King, Enloe Magnet High
- Brevyn Belfield, Broughton Magnet High
- Muhammad Khan, Athens Drive Magnet High
- Anton Idhammar, Cary High
- Josh O’Donovan, Leesville Road High
- Molefi Henderson, Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy
- Plaxides Njeri, Southeast Raleigh Magnet High
- James Arnold, Panther Creek High
- Ahmad Odeh, Athens Drive Magnet High
- Kennedy Williams, Sanderson High
- A.J. Peterson, Wake Early College of Health and Sciences
- Willian Virgilio Ayala Esperanza, Wake Forest High
May 20, 2020
4:00 PM Southeast Raleigh Magnet High
May 21, 2020
4:00 PM Knightdale High
7:00 PM Wake Early College High
May 22, 2020
10:00 AM Wake STEM Early College
June 10, 2020
8:00 AM Millbrook Magnet High
10:00 AM Wakefield High
12:00 PM Garner Magnet High
2:00 PM East Wake High
4:00 PM Green Hope High
6:00 PM Athens Drive Magnet High
8:00 PM Cary High
June 11, 2020
8:00 AM Enloe Magnet High
10:00 AM Holly Springs High
12:00 PM Rolesville High
2:00 PM Heritage High
4:00 PM Wake Forest High
6:00 PM Sanderson High
8:00 PM Leesville Road High
June 12, 2020
8:00 AM Apex High
10:00 AM Longview
12:00 PM Middle Creek High
2:00 PM Broughton Magnet High
4:00 PM Panther Creek High
6:00 PM Phillips High
8:00 PM Fuquay-Varina High
June 13, 2020
8:00 AM SCORE Academy
10:00 AM Apex Friendship High
12:00 PM Crossroads FLEX