Going to the DMV
Take the following items with you when going to DMV to get your learner’s permit.
- Driver’s Education Certificate
- Driver Eligibility Certificate
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate
- Your social security card
- Proof of residence
- Parent or legal guardian must sign for you
Once at the DMV
- You will take a written test - 25 questions. You must get 19 or more correct.
- You will get your eyes checked again and take an oral test on 12 road signs.
- You will get your picture taken for your limited learner’s permit.
- You will fall under the graduated licensing law.