Future Teachers Program
The Future Teachers Program is a recruitment initiative aimed at recruiting talent from our local colleges and universities.
Participants must attend Saint Augustine’s University, Shaw University, Meredith College, William Peace University or NC State University and intend to pursue a K-12 teaching career with the Wake County Public School System in one of the following licensure areas:
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Career and Technical Education
- Elementary Education
- English/Language Arts
- English Second Language
- Social Studies
- Special Education
- World Language
What do Future Teachers participants receive?
- Annual summer professional development stipends
- A WCPSS job offer for a teaching position for which they are licensed and highly qualified
- The opportunity to develop a professional network with WCPSS staff and peers
How do I apply?
To be considered for selection to the WCPSS Future Teachers Program, Cohort 4, complete the following documents and email them as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “First Name, Last Name, FT Application.”
The Application Cover Sheet and Resume must be emailed by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Future Teachers Cover Sheet
- Future Teachers Resume Template
Future Teachers Reference Forms
Two reference forms are required. One reference form must be completed by a professor. The second form must be completed by another adult who can speak to your academic accomplishments, community involvement, and potential to be a successful teacher. Email this link to the two people who will serve as your references: https://goo.gl/forms/cdPk06ZIxqvdjkWq2
Applicants who are selected to participate in interviews will be contacted regarding assigned interview times to be held in April 2018.
What is expected of Future Teachers participants?
- Maintain status as a student in good standing with their selected universities
- Participate in annual required summer professional development
- Participate in networking with members of their FT cohort and WCPSS staff
- Teach with WCPSS for at least three years following the completion of their teacher preparation programs
- Meet all WCPSS licensure and application requirements