Graduation. The ultimate goal for a high school student, yet just the beginning. We want that beginning - of the rest of their lives - to be full of promise and potential.
The goal of our Vision 2020 Strategic Plan is that at least 95 percent of seniors are graduating each year by 2020. But the diploma we hand them must represent more than coursework completed. It must also symbolize graduates' confidence to walk across that stage into a world for which they are well prepared.
Our teachers, principals and community work hard with you to help our students achieve this milestone. And we invite you to witness it.
Most graduation ceremonies will occur June 9-14, 2017 at the Raleigh Convention Center and the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Raleigh. Some small high schools hold ceremonies in late May.
Check the Graduation Schedule calendar on the right to find out when and where your friend or loved one will be turning his or her tassel.
Also, check our Twitter account, @WCPSS, for livestream links, which will be posted approximately 15 minutes before each ceremony!
We will notify you of any traffic concerns here and via social media.
Concurrent Downtown Events
- Concerts, street fairs, road races and other special events are likely to be happening nearby, especially over the weekend. Check this space for updates on these events and how they might affect traffic and parking.
- Please allow AMPLE time to anticipate traffic congestion, parking issues, walking to the venue and finding your seat.
General Tips and Information for Families
- Plan ahead. Students must be in place at least one hour before the ceremony starts. Allow significant time for traffic and parking.
- Carpool. Share a ride from home or school and save on gas and parking.
- Bring a City of Raleigh parking map.
- Practice patience and watch for pedestrians. Thousands of students and patrons of other events will be on sidewalks and crosswalks. Pedestrians should observe crossing signals to stay safe.
- The parking spaces located along McDowell Street adjacent to the Raleigh Convention Center under the 'Shimmer Wall' will be reserved for passenger drop-off for the duration of the graduation schedule.
- Golf carts will be available at the drop-off area and nearby parking garages to transport anyone with difficulty walking long distances to the doors of the Convention Center.