At the very core of our mission is our commitment to our students that they will graduate well prepared for the future.
It won't be the same future you faced when you donned the cap and gown. But the future they will lead. The future they will own. The future in which they will make crucial decisions that will affect all of us.
Time to Celebrate!
Our teachers, principals and community want to help all of our students achieve this milestone. Graduation Day is the time to celebrate everyone's hard work and support.
Most graduation ceremonies will occur June 10-15, 2019 at the Raleigh Convention Center in downtown Raleigh. Some small high schools will hold ceremonies at various locations in late May.
Check the Graduation Schedule calendar on the right to find out when and where your friend or loved one will be turning his or her tassel.
Check our Twitter account - @WCPSS - for livestream links, which will be posted approximately 15 minutes before each ceremony. The links are also found in the Graduation Schedule calendar on the right.
Concurrent Downtown Events/Traffic Alerts
- Concerts, street fairs, road races and other special events are likely to be happening nearby, especially over the weekend. We will inform you of these in this space: Red Hat Amphitheater will host concerts on Wednesday, June 12 at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, June 15 at 7 p.m.
- We also will alert you to any additional traffic-related concerns that might affect planning your trip to the venue.
- Please allow AMPLE time to anticipate traffic congestion, parking issues, walking to the venue and finding your seat. We ask that you be seated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ceremony.
General Tips and Information for Families
- Plan ahead. Students must be in place at least one hour before the ceremony starts. Allow significant time for traffic and parking.
- Carpool. Share a ride from home or school and save on gas and parking.
- Bring a City of Raleigh parking map.
- Practice patience and watch for pedestrians. Thousands of students and patrons of other events will be on sidewalks and crosswalks. Pedestrians should observe crossing signals to stay safe.
- The parking spaces located along McDowell Street adjacent to the Raleigh Convention Center under the 'Shimmer Wall' will be reserved for passenger drop-off for the duration of the graduation schedule.
- Golf carts will be available at the drop-off area and nearby parking garages to transport anyone with difficulty walking long distances to the doors of the Convention Center.
Take a look at just a few of the stories of our amazing graduates!
- Jeremee Jeter, East Wake High
- Abby Schiller, Crossroads FLEX
- Jordan King, Enloe Magnet High
- Brevyn Belfield, Broughton Magnet High
- Molefi Henderson, Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy
- Plaxides Njeri, Southeast Raleigh Magnet High
- James Arnold, Panther Creek High
- Ahmad Odeh, Athens Drive Magnet High
- Kennedy Williams, Sanderson High
- A.J. Peterson, Wake Early College of Health and Sciences
- Willian Virgilio Ayala Esperanza, Wake Forest High