We are hiring Special Education teachers!
Our district is now hiring Special Education teachers. We are looking for talented and compassionate educators who will support our students in meeting their Individual Education Program (IEP) goals. These teachers monitor and evaluate programs with students with disabilities, maintain confidentiality, and comply with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, guidelines, and procedures related to the special education program in our district.
In this role, you will:
- Develop IEPs for students with disabilities; implement IEPs; and uses diagnostic information obtained from tests and other assessment procedures to update IEPs;
- Implement instructional strategies and progress monitoring tools to provide specially designed instruction;
- Assist students in completing the curriculum tasks to complete IEP goals;
- Employ a variety of teaching methods, strategies, accommodations and modifications to meet student needs;
- Monitor student behavior; maintain discipline in the classroom; deescalate inappropriate behavior; teach appropriate behavioral strategies;
- Evaluate student work and progress of assignments, address or adjust instruction to address concerns or educational needs of the student, and coordinate progress report grades and report card grades; and
- Attend student IEP meetings and serve as a collaborative team member.
How To Apply
- Access AppliTrack and review the Special Education positions available:
- Select the positions at your desired school(s).
- Provide at least one supervisory reference. References are sent an electronic survey to complete on your behalf.
- Upload your college and/or high school transcripts to your online applicant file.
- School principals will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university;
- Hold or be eligible for a North Carolina Professional Educator’s License in an Exceptional Children’s teaching area (not including licenses in Academically or Intellectually Gifted); and
- Hold and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license according to the State of NC requirements
Salary and Benefits
- Teacher/Certified Staff Salary Schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays and leave
- Flexible benefit plans and spending accounts also available
Contact us via the Human Resources Let’s Talk form.
New Hire Bonus
$3,500 Recruitment Incentive
Available for teachers hired between July 1 - Nov. 21, 2021
- $1,750 paid after first 3 months of employment
- $1,750 paid in November 2022 (if teacher is still employed as a Special Education teacher through October 31, 2022)