ACT WorkKeys assessments are the cornerstone of ACT workforce solutions. The assessments measure foundational skills required for success in the workplace, and help measure the workplace skills that can affect job performance. WorkKeys assessments are:
- Relevant—WorkKeys® assessments are developed to solve actual workplace problems. Unlike other assessments, they don’t simply give an indication of reading and writing competency. Instead, they measure a range of hard and soft skills relevant to any occupation, at any level, and across industries.
- Recognized—Successful completion of WorkKeys core assessments can lead to earning an ACT WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate™ (ACT WorkKeys NCRC®)—a credential that verifies the skills found to be most essential across industries and occupations. Tens of thousands of employers recognize the value of the NCRC, and many recommend the credential to candidates.
There are four levels of certificates awarded to those individuals who successfully complete the three WorkKeys assessments- Applied Mathematics, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents:
- Bronze - Test takers must earn a level score of 3 or higher on each exam.
- Silver - Test takers must earn a level score of 4 or better on each exam.
- Gold - Test takers must earn a level score of 5 or better on each exam.
- Platinum - Test takers must earn a level score of 6 or better on each exam.