Welcome to the Academics landing page of our school website! At Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School, we are committed to providing students with a range of rigorous and relevant courses that will ensure that they are truly college and career ready.
"Our mission is to increase student achievement and equip students
to become productive leaders within the global community."
Please use the tabs to the left of this page to navigate to more information about the academics programs available at our school, including:
- Advanced Placement (AP) information
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Career Academies offered at SRMHS
- Course Overviews by department and program
- Intervention and tutoring schedules
- Our media center program and website
- Summer learning opportunities
- Testing procedures and schedules
- Virtual Academy
- and more!
⇒ In order to graduate from high school, WCPSS requires 26 credits:
- 4 credits = English 1,English 2, English 3, English 4
- 4 credits = Math 1, Math 2, Math 3, Math 4 or one other DPI approved math-related to career goals
- 3 credits = Earth/Environmental Science, Biology, a physical science
- 4 credits = World History, American History 1, American History 2, Civics and Economics
- 1 credit = Healthful Living
- 6 credits = CTE, Arts, or Second Language
- 4 credits = Electives (of your choice)
- = 26 credits TOTAL