*Seniors and Juniors* may be afforded the privilege of leaving campus during their assigned lunch period. Lunch permits will be assigned after both student and parent/guardian sign the off-campus lunch contract; both signatures must be notarized.
2022-23 Off-Campus Lunch Rules
Please note the following stipulations regarding lunch passes:
- The lunch pass is the property of Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School and may be revoked at any time in case of inappropriate use.
- A lunch permit allows the student to leave campus during his/her regular scheduled lunch period. Each student must be in possession of his/her student ID that indicates administrative approval to leave campus. Students without student ID will be required to remain on campus.
- The student and parent are responsible for where the student goes for lunch and for his/her transportation.
- The school assumes no liability for any accident or injury in the exercise of this permit.
- Students exercising off-campus lunch privileges are subject to the rules of student conduct as applicable to the regular school day adopted by the Wake County School Board and Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School. As a result, students who commit disciplinary infractions while at lunch will be disciplined by the school according to the Code of Student Conduct.
- Any student referred to the administration and receives disciplinary action may have his/her permit revoked by the principal at his discretion. Students do not have the right to appeal this decision because off-campus lunch is a privilege, not a right.
- Being tardy or failing to return from off-campus lunch carries the same consequences of the normal school attendance policy for skipping and may result in revocation of student off-campus privileges.
- Providing transportation to students who do not have lunch passes is prohibited and will result in the immediate loss of privilege and may jeopardize his/her ability to secure off-campus privileges in the future.
- Lunch passes must be shown to security when leaving campus.
- A processing fee of $10.00 will be charged for all approved off-campus lunch requests, as well as replacement IDs.
- Littering on public or private property will result in the revocation of the lunch pass and disciplinary action.
- Bringing food on campus upon returning to school is not allowed.
- This permit is subject to individual restrictions which may be deemed appropriate and the general conditions herein may be changed without notification.
*Juniors meeting the following qualifications may receive a lunch permit:
Qualifications are reviewed at the end of each term, and privileges will be revoked if students do not meet the above academic or disciplinary standards.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 including data from the most recent term.
- Absences in any class during the previous term not exceeding 10.
Once the above policies have been reviewed, students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) must complete the Off-Campus Lunch Request Form. Completed off-campus lunch request forms can be submitted to Ms. Karon Manning in Student Services.