Plan A Attendance Policy
Below, you will find new guidance for Plan A in alignment with our current attendance policy until further notice from NC DPI.
- If a student is in Plan A and does not physically attend, the student should be marked absent per Policy 4400. If a student is not physically attending for reasons that would not be considered excused under section C of Policy 4400, then the student should be marked absent as unexcused.
- If a student in Plan A requires quarantining due to a positive diagnosis for COVID-19 or exposure, the student should be marked absent-excused, similar to a student who is absent for any of the reasons in section C of Policy 4400. Any students who are absent for excused reasons per Policy 4400 should be provided remote learning access that is available at the school.
- There is an expectation for all teachers to continue providing updates and assignments in the teacher’s LMS. Please refer to this link for more information: 20-21 LMS guidance.
- During Remote Learning Days, including inclement weather days, students in Plan A who are present should be marked 1R (present off-site) if within three days:
- a student completes their daily assignments, either online or offline; and/or if a student is present in synchronous instruction.
- a student has a daily check-in, a two-way communication, with the appropriate teacher(s):
- In grades PreK-5, homeroom teacher
- In all other grade levels, each course teacher as scheduled