The Career Development Department at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School has a main focus to coordinate job and career development services for students. This is done in collaboration with teachers, administration, the Student Services Department, families, the community, and local businesses. Career Development also connects students with CTE internship opportunities and maintains a functioning Business Alliance at the school.
School-To-Career initiatives assist students in preparing for the workplace through:
- School-Based Learning
- Work-Based Learning
- Connecting Activities
Below, you can see the plan for how School-to-Career looks at SRMHS.
School-to-Career Experiences at SRMHS
- By the end of ninth grade, students should have:
- identified personal attributes and interests to consider in choosing a career.
- explored career opportunities online.
- established a graduation plan.
- By the end of tenth grade, students should have:
- opportunities in career shadowing.
- updated the graduation plan.
- developed resume writing skills.
- By the end of eleventh grade, students should have:
- opportunities in career shadowing and internships.
- taken the PSAT, SAT and ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery).
- finalized plans to meet graduation requirements.
- explored career opportunities in the Career Center.
- worked on developing a post-high-school plan.
- By the end of twelfth grade, students should have:
- participated in an internship.
- developed interviewing skills.
- fulfilled the graduation plan by meeting all graduation requirements.
- finished developing and begun implementing a post-high-school plan.
Career Development Quick Links
Armed Services Directory
- US Air Force
- US Army
- US Coast Guard
- US Marines
- US Navy
- US Air Force
Career Development Coordinator
Phone: 919-856-2800 ext. 24987
Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Biology & MS in Education NBCT EA Science, Middle Grades Science 6-9, Technology Education & Career Development Facilitator
Hello, Bulldog students and parents. I am Ms. Brickhouse, Career Development Coordinator at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School. I am responsible for fostering connections between the business community and our students in order to prepare them for the world of work and be able to make informed decisions about their post-high school plans.
My goal is for students to graduate as college and/or career ready citizens that will become future leaders in business, industry, government, and more.
I am also responsible for coordinating on and Off-site Learning Experiences (abbreviated as OLEs) for students to further develop their hard skills (such as problem solving and content knowledge) and their soft skills (such as abilities to work in teams, effectively communicate, and more).
Please fill free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I am here for you, Bulldogs! Excellence is the standard, I'm ALL IN!