Want to use your skills to make a difference for students in the largest school district in North Carolina? Come work with us as an HVAC craftsman! We offer great benefits including retirement, health insurance and paid leave, a positive work environment and many opportunities for professional growth!
We currently have vacancies in three levels of positions: HVAC Technician, Master Technician, and HVAC Technician Assistant Supervisor. If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Our HVAC technicians perform a variety of maintenance and repair work with heating, ventilating and air condition systems, materials, equipment, and fixtures. Technicians also complete maintenance and repair work associated with refrigeration equipment including coolers, freezers and related systems. Depending on position level, technicians may also supervise and assign work to other staff related to HVAC systems and repairs and prepare and maintain records, work logs and reports.
Technicians work on equipment located at the district’s 188 school campuses and satellite facilities across Wake County. Work schedules are from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with evening and weekend requirements for on-call emergencies on a rotating basis.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in HVAC or related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, OSHA Standards and HVAC systems, equipment and fixtures
- Oral and written communication and problem-solving skills, ability to perform arithmetic calculations and ability to work independently and as a team
- Must hold and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license according to the State of North Carolina requirements
- Within 12 months of employment, all craftsmen must complete safety training according to OSHA standards
*Master Technician and Assistant Supervisor positions require additional years of experience, certifications, and licenses.
- Associate's Degree or technical school training in HVAC systems
- Type I, II and III chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) certification
- Experience with computerized maintenance management software, preferable MAXIMO (for HVAC Craftsman Assistant Supervisor positions)
- HVAC Technician: $36,400 to $50,850 annually, depending on experience
- Master Technician: $48,880 to $57,000 annually, depending on experience
- HVAC Technician Assistant Supervisor: $43,360 to $60,500 annually, depending on experience
Send your resume and the title for the position you are interested