• College Financial Aid

    Students and parents can locate financial aid for post-secondary education using FAAP - Financial Aid Advisor Program. All high schools have a Financial Aid Advisor who works one day a week in the high school student services centers with seniors and parents who are looking for funds to meet the costs of higher education.

    FAAP provides:

    • Individual assistance: Senior students can receive help on finding, applying for and obtaining financial aid from federal and state sources as well as individual institutions.
    • Financial aid workshops: Advisors participate in workshops in conjunction with the high school counselors and PTAs for students and parents.
    • Financial aid informational material: Financial aid advisors have pamphlets, printouts and books available to students and parents.
    • Online resources: All students have access to Wake County Public School System Online Scholarship Guide.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is financial aid?

  • How will I know if I am eligible?

  • When do I apply?

  • How many forms are required to apply for financial aid?

  • What is the process once I've applied for aid?

  • What if the package isn't enough?

  • How much does it really cost to go to college?

  • How often do I need to apply for financial aid?