• Students with Special Needs

  • Families of children who have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), or 504 plan may need to request special transportation, as they move into the community or change address. These families will need to enroll their child in the new school or notify their current school of the address change and inform school staff of their child's IEP or 504 plan.

    Students receiving transportation accommodations based on an Individualized Education Program (IEP) may require special transportation as a related service. All transportation follows WCPSS Board of Education policy, and students will be assigned to a regular school bus unless IEP accommodations cannot be met. The Transportation Department also contracts with several vendors to provide services.

    Decisions regarding transportation as a related service must be decided by an IEP Team. The special education staff or the principal of your child’s school would be the first contact for requesting an IEP meeting.



Contact Vendor Transportation

Call 919-805-3030 and press option 5 to speak with a customer service representative.