If you or a family you know needs language assistance to understand these materials, call (919) 852-3303.
We have created this handbook to help you and your child understand the rules and expectations in school, on the way to and from school and at school-sponsored activities. We encourage you to discuss those rules and this document with your child.
Students should be in school, not out of school. To this end, we are committed to creating an inclusive, positive, and safe learning environment for all students. Ensuring student discipline practices are effective, fair, and equitable is a cornerstone of this effort and will allow each student unhindered access to quality classroom instruction and educational opportunities.English and Spanish versions of important policies are listed below.
Broad Protection Against Discrimination And Inviting, Inclusive Environment for All Students
The Wake County Public School System is committed to a nondiscriminatory, inviting, and inclusive school environment for all students. We have broad protections against discrimination as set forth in multiple Board policies, including Policy 1710 and 1720. Parents and students who perceive any form of discrimination are encouraged to report it to the school principal. Further, parents and students are encouraged to contact the principal for any requests for assistance or accommodations to assure a nondiscriminatory, inviting, and inclusive school environment. Our principals work with students and parents in a sensitive, individual manner to assist students requesting specific assistance or accommodations. Further, our principals communicate directly with the school system’s Title VI Coordinator, Section 504 Coordinator, and Title IX Equity Officer in providing guidance and assistance to students and parents. Our principals receive updates on applicable legal protections including guidance from the federal government.
POLICIES OF INTEREST1710, 4021, 7230: Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment, And Bullying (Spanish)
CODE OF STUDENT CONDUCT/DUE PROCESS/APPEALS/GRIEVANCE
- 1740, 4010: Student and Parent Grievance Procedure (Spanish)
- 6400: Discipline (Spanish)
- 6410: Code of Student Conduct (Spanish)
- 6410: R&P Code of Conduct (Spanish)
- 6446: Student Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources (Spanish)
- 6446: R&P Student Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources (Spanish)
- 6600: Search and Seizure (Spanish)
- 6500: Due Process (Spanish)
- 6500: R&P Due Process (Spanish)
- 6505: Student Readmission Following Disciplinary Action (Spanish)
- 6525: Corporal Punishment (Spanish)
- 2322, 3037, 4037, 6550: Use of Seclusion and Restraint (Spanish)
- NC General Statute 115C-391.1: Permissible Use of Seclusion and Restraint (Spanish)