The Title I Pre-Kindergarten Program is designed to provide a child-centered, developmentally appropriate experience for four-year-old children in need of academic support. The program stresses an environment that motivates learning through exploration and discovery. The goal of the program is to prepare children to enter kindergarten ready to learn and succeed. Screenings for student participation are offered each spring and students qualify based on academic need.
To have your child considered for the Pre-K Title 1 Pre-K Program:
- Your child must be four years old by August 31st, 2015.
- You must complete and mail a Pre-K application to the Pre-K Application Center by April 30, 2015.
- Upon receipt of a complete application, you will be notified of your child’s screening appointment.
- Your child must be screened to be considered for a Pre-K placement.
- Title 1 Pre-Kindergarten Application
Appointment Only Sessions:
January 5 - May 15, 2015
Crossroads II Assessment Center
110 Corning Road
Cary, NC 27518
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Forestville Road Elementary School
100 Lawson Ridge Road
Knightdale, NC 27545
Saturday, May 9, 2015
Powell Gifted and Talented Magnet Elementary
1130 Marlborough Road
Raleigh, NC 27610
Please bring your child anytime between 9:00AM and 3:00PM
Do you need help completing your application? Attend one of our sessions here. Registration is not required. The following items are needed to complete the application:
- a copy of the child's birth certificate
- Proof of your Wake County address (current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name, new signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement).
- any source of family income (check stubs, statement from supervisor or case worker).