- NC Driver's Handbook
The NCDMV provides the North Carolina Driver's Handbook in both English and Spanish versions.
- NC Division of Motor Vehicles Information
The NCDMV provides detailed information on all driver and vehicle rules, regulations and services, including office locations for obtaining driver licenses and permits.
- NC Department of Transportation
The NCDOT provides a resource for maps & publications, travel information, road conditions and traffic cameras.
- NC Governor’s Highway Safety Program The NCGHSP provides information on law enforcement public safety campaigns such as, “Click it or Ticket it” and “Booze it and Lose it”.
- NC Department of Insurance
This website provides a consumer guide to insurance services and safe driver incentives for North Carolina residents.
- National Road Safety Foundation, Inc.
This is a non-profit agency that promotes driver competence through public awareness. The NRSF provides safety tips for car safety, teenage drivers and impaired, drowsy and aggressive driving.
- US Department of Transportation
The USDT provides information on national safety issues, domestic and foreign travel procedures, and nationwide highway road conditions.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
This non-profit, scientific, educational organization provides current crash test results, safety feature reviews, vehicle ratings and safety laws and regulations.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
NHTSA is a national organization whose mission is to save lives, prevent injuries and reduce vehicle related crashes.
- National Transportation Safety Board
NTSB is a national organization that provides publications, recommendations and safety alerts.
- NC Driver Traffic Safety Education Association
NCDTSEA is the professional organization which represents traffic safety educators in North Carolina.
- American Driver Traffic Safety Education Association
ADTSEA is the professional association which represents traffic safety educators throughout the United States and abroad.
- National Student Safety Program
NSSP is a national organization for students interested in promoting student driving safety at the local, state and national level.
- Online practice quizzes
Use this resource to practice your road signs and take sample tests.
- NC Driver's Handbook