Our Magnet Program
The Gifted & Talented Program is based on the belief that every child has gifts and talents to be valued and nurtured. The child, teacher and parent all work together to choose courses and customize the ideal educational program. Children explore a wide variety of learning experiences through core and elective courses that develop their individual strengths and interests. Students who are academically gifted, learning disabled, and/or who have other unique needs, work with specialized teachers as part of their elective classes. There are no tests, auditions or performance standards required for acceptance into the Gifted & Talented Program.
Students spend four periods each day in the core areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. During their three elective periods students explore new areas of interest or study a particular area in depth. This allows students time to hone their talents, or explore new areas of interest. Elective courses are offered year long, semester, and/or quarterly basis. A student can have the potential to take up to twelve different electives per year.
Why Gifted & Talented?
Does your child enjoy music or dance? Do you want your child to speak a foreign language? Is your child intrigued by science or math? Would your child learn best in an innovative and rigorous academic environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions then Zebulon GT Magnet Middle School is the choice for you. At Zebulon GT Magnet Middle School, we offer students opportunities for exploration and in-depth study in the academic content areas and offer a wide variety of engaging and innovative elective selections.
UNIQUE FEATURES of the Zebulon Gifted &Talented Magnet Middle School:
- Variety of electives and course levels for exploration of interests, acceleration, and a rich, in-depth study of the content and subject matter
- Opportunities for in-depth Visual and Performing Arts studies
- Foreign Language offered
If you have any questions about Zebulon GT Magnet Middle School's Magnet Programs, please contact the Audra Ndiku, Magnet Coordinator at 919-404-3630 ext. 21088.
Upcoming Events and Info
Magnet Parent Information SessionsGeneral information sessions about all magnet themes, early colleges, and year-round calendar, along with info about the application and selection process.
- September 4, October 2, November 6, December 4, January 8
- Location: Crossroads I, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore all magnet elementary programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 14, 9:30-11:00 at Mills Park Elementary, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- December 11, 9:30-11:00 at Scotts Ridge Elementary, 6601 Apex Barbecue Rd., Apex, NC 27502
- January 8, 9:30-11:00 at North Forest Pines Elementary , 11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- January 15, 9:30-11:00 at Brier Creek Elementary, 9801 Brier Creek Pkwy., Raleigh, NC 27617
Magnet Middle School Evening Mini Fairs
Explore all magnet middle school programs in one location - chat with staff from each theme.
- November 12, 6p-7:30p - North Forest Pines ES,11501 Forest Pines Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
- December 10, 6p-7:30p - Mills Park ES, 509 Mills Park Dr., Cary, NC 27519
- January 8, 6p-7:30p - Holly Grove ES, 1451 Avent Ferry Rd., Holly Springs, NC