Disclaimer: The resource information provided is not an endorsement from Wake County Publics Schools or Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School. This information is being provided as a resource and should be used at your own discretion.
Bulldog U: Community Resource Fair Participants
The Following Community Resources were present during the 9/26/19 Bulldog U: Family Resource Night
The Club - Teen Center
- Description: Boys & Girls Club’s mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Services Provided: Information Technology, Transportation, Health and Wellness, Educational (Tutoring, college prep, etc...), Financial Services, Childcare, Arts (music, art, dance, etc...)
- Contact information: CC Chambers- email@example.com; 9192503595
- Website: www.wakebgc.org
Southeast Raleigh Promise
- Description: Southeast Raleigh Promise will lead revitalization efforts by engaging community members, building partnerships, securing funding, and ensuring significant investments in 5 key areas: Education, Affordable Housing, Health & Wellness, Economic Opportunity, and Leadership Development. Together we can dismantle the system and environment that perpetuated a cycle of intergenerational poverty and replace it with a system that allows for all people to thrive.
- Services Provided: Health and Wellness, Educational (Tutoring, college prep, etc...), Financial Services, Arts (music, art, dance, etc...), Leadership Development for Youth, Educational Services/Community Building Trainings (Housing, Economic Opportunities, Leadership Development, Race Equity)
- Contact Information: Jennifer Castillo
- Website: https://serpromise.org/southeast-raleigh-promise-overview/
Raleigh Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
- Description: The Teen Outreach Program is a free, recreation-based program for teens 12-18 years of age that operates at 7 different community centers across Raleigh. Activities include athletics, art, recreational games, field trips, adventure programs, skill-building sessions and more.
- Services Provided: Arts (music, art, dance, etc...), Recreation, Adventure, Athletics, Civic Involvement, Mentoring
- Contact Information: Chiffonda Holloway- firstname.lastname@example.org; 9199962142
- Website: www.parks.raleighnc.gov
- Description: We assist adults and children by transforming their lives through employment and life skills training.
- Services Provided: Educational (Tutoring, college prep, etc...), Financial Services, Jobs and Life Skills
- Contact Information: Anthony S. Harris- email@example.com; 9197810156
- Website: www.stepupministry.org
Wake County Human Services
- Description: Wake County Human Services is the consolidation of programs and services that include social services, public health, and transportation. Our Vision is that Wake County will be one of the healthiest places to live and all residents will have opportunities to improve their lives.
- Services Provided: Financial Services; Assistance to pay utilities
- Contact Information: Contina Bell- firstname.lastname@example.org; 9192127593
- Website: http://www.wakegov.com/humanservices/social/energy
Wade Edwards Foundation (WELL)
- Description: The WELL is an after school program just for high school students. We provide students the opportunity for personal and academic success. We provide free tutoring by appointment after school programming focused on work-force development and service. Our partnership with NCSU offers STEM programs through Hi-Tech Teens and counseling services for students and families. We are there to support and advocate for our students as they make the transition to life after high school. (www.wade.org)
- Services Provided: Information Technology, Health, and Wellness, Educational (Tutoring, college prep, etc...)
- Contact Information: Betsey McFarland- email@example.com; 8137162730
The 1 Million Project
- Description: As an independent 501(c)(3) public charity, our mission is to help 1 million high school students who do not have reliable Internet access at home reach their full potential.
- Services provided: Students who voice a need will be provided with free mobile devices and free high-speed Internet access.
- Website: http://1millionproject.org/
Education Justice Alliance
- Description: The Education Justice Alliance (EJA) works for an educational system that is effective, equitable, and inclusive. We promote racial, socio-economic, and gender equity. We seek to decrease unfair suspensions and expulsions, as well as improve positive approaches to discipline that meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students.
- Services provided: Parent Advocacy
- Contact information: Letha Muhammad- Director;www.facebook.com/Education-Justice-Alliance; (919) 614-3952
- Website: www.eja-nc.com/
Family Resource Center of South Atlantic
- Description: Develop, implement, and evaluate programs designed to ultimately help individuals and families achieve self-sufficiency.
- Services provided:
- Contact information:
- Shea Cleveland- Director of Teens Against Bullying/Health Information Center; Email: Shea.Cleveland@frcsa.org; Phone: 919-834-9300 ext. 103
- Wes Johnson- Director of Parenting Wisely; Email: WJohnson@frcsa.org; Phone:919-500-6654
- Website: http://www.frcsa.org/
Childcare Services Association
- Description: Child Care Services Association (CCSA) works to ensure affordable, accessible, high-quality childcare for all families through research, services, and advocacy.
- Services provided: Free referral services to families seeking child-care, financial assistance to families who cannot afford quality, technical assistance to child-care businesses, and educational scholarships and salary supplements to child care professionals through the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® and Child Care WAGE$® Projects.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.childcareservices.org/au/about-us/
Community Support Programs (homelessness, counseling, mental health, emergency assistance, etc.)
Wake County, Network of Care: Comprehensive directory to find services related to mental and behavioral health, addiction, advocacy, support, housing, and more. Whether you're looking for programs or facilities, you'll find them here. http://wake.nc.networkofcare.org/mh/services/index.aspx: (Some programs may require a referral, please reach out to a school counselor if you find this to be the case)
WELL: Teen Talk (Counseling), Mental Health Services and more... https://www.wade.org/
Exceptional Children's Assistance Center (ECAS): https://www.ecac-parentcenter.org/
Mental health and career counseling- NC State- https://sites.ced.ncsu.edu/ccerc/
Alliance Behavioral Health: CareForNC
Holly Hill Behavioral Hospital https://hollyhillhospital.com
Wake Brooke Behavioral Health/Recovery Center: WakeBrook Behavioral Health Facility | UNC Medical Center
Mobile Crisis Team (Therapeutic Alternatives): www.alliancebhc.org
Triangle Counseling Agency: https://www.trianglecounselingagency.org
Oak City Cares- Homelessness and other services (showers, laundry, computer, telephone) https://oakcitycares.org
Helping Hands Ministry http://helpinghandmission.org/
Salvation Army- Family Shelter https://www.salvationarmycarolinas.org/wakecounty/
Have House/Safe Space: https://www.havenhousenc.org
Wrenn House-is the only homeless, runaway and crisis intervention program and ... Wrenn House provides a safe, legal, and responsible environment for youth.
Family Resource Centers
Southgate Community Library (0.9m from school)
Southeast Regional Library (4.7m from school)
Boys and Girls Club of Raleigh: https://wakebgc.org › raleigh-girls-club
Family Resource Center
Southeast Raleigh Promise- Southeast Raleigh Promise is a Quarterback organization charged with managing the Purpose Built Communities Model of a collective impact initiative. As the 16th Purpose Built Community in our Nation, we combine neighborhood revitalization strategies with a cradle-to-career pipeline of support for children and their families.
WELL: Tutoring, SAT/ACT Test Prep www.wade.org