Career Development Coordinator
Phone: 919-856-2800 ext. 24987
Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Biology & MS in Education NBCT EA Science, Middle Grades Science 6-9, Technology Education & Career Development Facilitator
Hello, Bulldog students and parents. I am Ms. Brickhouse, Career Development Coordinator at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School. I am responsible for fostering connections between the business community and students in order to prepare them for the world of work and to be more properly equiped to make informed decisions about their post high school plans. The goal is for students to graduate as college and career ready citizens that will become future leaders in business, industry, government, etc. I am also responsible for coordinating On-site and Off-site Learning Experiences (OLEs) for students to further develop their hard skills (problem solving and content knowledge) and their soft skills (ability to work in team, effective communication, etc).
- School-Based Learning
- Work-Based Learning
- Connecting Activities
Below you can see the plan for how School-to-Career looks here at SRMHS.
School-to-Career Experiences at SRMHS
- identified personal attributes and interests to consider in choosing a career.
- explored career opportunities online.
- established a graduation plan.
By the end of tenth grade SRHS students should have:
- opportunities in career shadowing.
- updated the graduation plan.
- developed resume writing skills.
By the end of eleventh grade SRHS students should have:
- opportunities in career shadowing and internships.
- taken the PSAT, SAT and ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery).
- finalized plans to meet graduation requirements.
- explored career opportunities in the Career Center.
- worked on developing a post-high-school plan.
By the end of twelfth grade SRHS students should have:
- participated in an internship.
- developed interviewing skills.
- fulfilled the graduation plan by meeting all graduation requirements.
- finished developing and begun implementing a post-high-school plan.
Please fill free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I am here to for you Bulldogs! Excellence is the standard, I'm all in!