Welcome to Preschool Programs
We provide programs and services for children (birth – age 5) and their families so children are more prepared for school and more likely to be successful academically and in life.
Why Pre-K is beneficial
Years of research identifies the value of high quality early learning programs and the difference it makes for children. Research information:
- The Current State of Scientific Knowledge on Pre-Kindergarten Effects
- Research Snapshot - Pre-K Benefits: 2018 Update
Don't know where to start, let's begin here...
What is Ready4K?
Ready4K is a FREE evidence-based text-messaging program for parents of children birth through third grade. Each week, you will receive three texts with FUN FACTS and EASY TIPS to boost your child’s learning by building on existing family routines, like:
- Pointing out the letters on shampoo bottles during bath time and naming their sounds
- Counting the number of steps as you walk to the car or bus
- Making feeling faces in the mirror after you brush your teeth
This approach has been shown to increase child development by 2 to 3 months over the course of a school year.
The Ready4K curriculum is available in English, Spanish, and Arabic.
To sign up for Ready4K, on your mobile phone text "R4K WC" to 70138.
Sign Up for Ready4K!
Text R4K WC to 70138
Title 1 Pre-K
Application coming soon for 2020-2021 Title I Pre-Kindergarten, a program for four-year-old children in need of academic support.