Magnet, Early College, Year-Round and Application Schools
Wake County magnet schools create well-rounded students by challenging them with programs tailored to their strengths and exposing them to new experiences. Innovative and pioneering programs challenge students to think creatively and analytically to solve problems, while diverse student body populations enable students to learn and see things from a different perspective. Wake County magnet schools provide students with the tools they need to see things differently. View our magnet introduction video #seethingsdifferently!
We are proud of our award-winning magnet and early college schools:
- 335 Magnet Schools of America National Merit Awards given to WCPSS magnet and early college schools since 1996-97
- 8 Magnet Schools Assistance Program Grants for a total of $61 million
- 17 Top Ranking Magnet Schools of America National Awards given to WCPSS magnet and early college schools since 1999-2000
- 22 Magnet Schools of America Nationally Certified Magnet Schools in WCPSS since August 2017
- 5 Magnet Schools of America Nationally Certified Demonstration Magnet Schools since August 2019
Fox Road Elementary, Martin Middle, Moore Square Middle, Broughton High and Enloe High analyzed and strengthened their commitment to diversity and academic achievement for all students.
- Reduce high concentrations of poverty, and
- Promote school integration and
- Maximize use of school facilities, and
- Provide innovative and/or expanded educational opportunities