While awaiting notification, Early College applicants, along with all other students, are eligible to apply for magnet and/or year-round schools designated for their address. This application period will be Oct. 25 to Jan. 28. You should know that applications are prioritized based on the type of school.
- Early College schools
- Magnet schools and year-round calendar schools
Early College schools
We select students for Early College schools first.
- If you are accepted into your first-choice Early College school, you will no longer be considered for any magnet or year-round school.
- If you are not accepted into your first-choice Early College school, you will be placed in the application pool for your first choice only.
- If you applied to more than one Early College school, you may be assigned to a school other than your first choice.
- If you are not assigned to any of the Early College schools to which you applied, you may be considered for any magnet or year-round school to which you applied.
- You will be able to apply to magnet and year-round schools at the same time, and rank each choice according to your preference.
- If you are not selected for an Early College school to which you applied, or your first-chose magnet/year-round school, you will be placed in an applicant pool for your first-choice school. (You could receive a seat at a later date if other students decline their placements.)
- If you applied to more than one magnet/year-round school, you may be assigned to one of your other choices and remain in the applicant pool for your first-choice school.
Applicant pools will be reviewed and processed in the spring. Results will be posted to parent online accounts. Parents will receive an email letting them know when the applicant pools have been processed.
It is possible to be in multiple applicant pools. If selected from an applicant pool with a higher priority, you will be removed from all other applicant pools.