- Online Employment Application in Applitrack
- Provide a minimum of one supervisory reference on your application. References are automatically sent an electronic survey to complete on your behalf upon submission of the online application.
- All college and/or high school transcripts (Upload to your online applicant file)
- Do not mail paper documents to Human Resources
Requirements to be considered “Highly Qualified”
The “Highly Qualified” standard must be met to be considered for a position as an elementary school teacher assistant. It is preferred for middle/high school teacher assistant positions, but not required.
To be considered “highly qualified”, you must meet one of the requirements below:
- A four year degree from an accredited college/university (must have a copy of your official transcripts confirming the degree) OR
- A two year degree from an accredited college/university ( must have a copy of your official transcripts confirming the degree) OR
- 48 SEMESTER credits from an accredited college/university: If you earned quarter credits, you can determine the semester value by multiplying the number of credits by .67 (must have a copy of the official transcripts confirming your credits) OR
- 96 documented continuing education hours earned AFTER January 8, 2002 AND passing WorkKeys assessment scores on reading, writing and business writing. Passing scores are a 4 in reading and math, and a 3 in business writing. All this information must confirmed by official documentation from the agency which you earned the hours and took the assessments. (WorkKeys assessments can be taken at local community colleges) OR
- If you met the highly qualified standards in another state, an official letter from the Public School Human Resources office is needed stating you met the “highly qualified standards”. Wake County will review this information and determine if it meets North Carolina Highly Qualified standards.