The State of North Carolina requires that all public school educators hold a license for the subject or grade level they teach. Licensed employees must meet both state and federal licensing requirements in order to be employed. For more information visit www.ncpublicschools.org.
Lateral Entry Information
Lateral entry allows qualified individuals to obtain a teaching position and begin teaching right away, while obtaining a professional educator license as they teach. The NC DPI authorizes lateral entry professional educator licenses on a provisional basis in licensure areas that correspond to the individual's academic study. WCPSS is now considering lateral entry in all curriculum areas, not just areas of critical need. For more information about how lateral entry requirements and how WCPSS handles lateral entry teacher, please read the Lateral Entry Information Document .
- Employment Application
- Provide a minimum of one supervisory reference on your application. References are automatically sent an electronic survey to complete on your behalf upon submission of the online application.
- Copies of all teaching licenses (Upload to your online applicant file)
- All college transcripts (Upload to your online applicant file)
- Do not mail paper documents to Human Resources.
- One of North Carolina's highest paying school systems
- Tuition reimbursement
- Top-Ranked retirement system
- Salary advance for eligible employees
- Praxis II reimbursement
- Affordable health and dental for full-time employees
- Affordable life, vision and long-term care insurance
- National Board Teacher Certification loan program (ncpublicschool.org)
- National Board Certified Teacher pay differential (ncpublicschool.org)
- Mentor programs
- Beginning Teacher Support programs
- System-wide staff development opportunities