• New to Wake County

    If you are new to Wake County and have a child who has been receiving special education services, you will need to register your child at their base school. There you will receive a student ID number and a school assignment. The address lookup tool can help parents identify the WCPSS base school associated with their address.

    To enroll, you will need:

    • Your child’s birth certificate
    • Proof of your address (like a current electric bill)
    • A photo ID of the parent or guardian

    You will be asked to complete a registration packet. Please check the box on the data sheet that indicates your child has an IEP. If you have a copy of the IEP please take it with you when you register.

    Guidelines for Student Assignment Equal Access and Opportunity for Students with Disabilities.

    Detailed information about enrolling is available from the Office of Student Assignment.