WCPSS schools and the district use the SchoolMessenger notification service to send important information to families through phone calls, email, and text messages. View FAQ.
To ensure WCPSS and your student’s school can reach as many families as possible during emergencies, all families are automatically opted in to receive text messages from SchoolMessenger.
- General school news and updates are shared by email and text message.
- Urgent information is shared by a phone call.
I am not receiving messages. How do I sign up?
Parent/Guardian contact information is uploaded from the WCPSS student information system, PowerSchool, each morning. If you are not receiving messages, contact your student’s school to verify and/or update your contact information.
According to the school, my contact information is correct, but I am not receiving messages.
- If you are not receiving emails and your contact information is correct, you may have accidentally unsubscribed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to re-subscribe to messages.
- You may have opted out of text messages. You must opt-in to receive text messages. To opt-in, text YES to 67587.
- You will not receive any text messages from WCPSS if you are not opted-in.
NOTE: The school district does not pay for your text message fees that may be charged for sending or receiving text messages. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges.
What is a SchoolMessenger parent/guardian account?
Your SchoolMessenger account is a free and easy way to stay connected with events at your student’s school and WCPSS.
- Review recent voice, text and email messages sent by the district and your student’s school.
- View your contact information.
- Manage your contact preferences.
Visit go.schoolmessenger.com to create an account. You must use the email address entered in PowerSchool for your student. View SchoolMessenger: Parent Account Setup for step-by-step instructions (English | Spanish).
How do I opt-out of WCPSS messages?
IMPORTANT: If you opt-out from WCPSS text messages or unsubscribe from WCPSS emails, you will no longer receive any messages from your student’s school or from the district.
- Recommended: Use your SchoolMessenger account to customize your notification preferences and only receive the messages you want.
- To opt-out of all text messages from SchoolMessenger, visit www.schoolmessenger.com/txtmsg/ or text STOP to 67587.
- To unsubscribe from all emails, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Las familias que hablan español pueden llamar al 919-694-8333 o enviar un correo electrónico a email@example.com para actualizar su dirección de correo electrónico, teléfono de casa o teléfono celular.