- Make all purchases from the appropriate state term contract located at http://www.doa.state.nc.us/PandC/ or Wake County Public School System established contract, whenever one exists.
- If an item is an open market purchase (a term contract does not exist) the following shall apply; purchases over $2,500 require competition that may be obtained by the requestor. Purchases $5,000 and greater must be bid by the Purchasing Department.
- Methods of purchase include: Purchase orders for items over $25, school local fund checking accounts and procurement card for items up to $2,500 per transaction. All methods must follow the appropriate purchasing rules.
- Wake County Public School System is required to pay North Carolina State sales tax. The purchase order has a tax encumbrance of only 4.75%. Your invoice should reflect NC sales and use tax of 7.25%.
- Board of Education Vendor Requirements