• Report a Grievance or Issue


    Grievance process

    Our students have the best chance of success when schools and parents work together as a supportive team. We recognize that you are your child's strongest advocate. When there's a problem at school, we will work with you -- and if you're not satisfied with the outcome, you have options.

    Where to turn

    If you have a concern about a staff member or decision impacting your child, start with the supervisor closest to the situation.

    For example, if you have a concern about a teacher that you haven't been able to solve through a parent-teacher conference, talk to your principal. If the principal does not respond to your satisfaction, you may contact the area superintendent for your school.

    Disciplinary actions

    If the problem is related to student discipline, such as a suspension, you can find out more about your child's rights and the appeals process through Student Due Process.

    Administrative decisions

    If your concern is with a Central Services action rather than a school's, contact the appropriate department. If you're not satisfied with that department's response, notify them in writing and they will share your options for appeal.

    Transportation Denials 

    If you have received a denial from WCPSS Transportation and wish to file an appeal, send your request in writing to:
    Senior Director of Transportation Operations
    5625 Dillard Drive
    Cary NC 27518
    Include the specific policy that you believe has been violated and the relief being sought. Once received and deemed complete, WCPSS Transportation will contact you to schedule your telephone conference.
    (Transportation staff are not present at this location. The request must be in writing.)

    Complaints involving a School Resource Officer (SRO)

    Complaints or concerns about any school resource officer should be submitted via this School Resource Officer complaint Google form.