• Student Accident Insurance

    Purchase insurance 

    If you don't already have accident insurance for your child, WCPSS has contracted with QBE Insurance Corporation to offer coverage, which you may purchase at their website any time during the school year. 

    Accident Claim: HSR Claim Form
    • Voluntary student accident insurance is "primary" insurance, meaning it pays even if you have other medical insurance.
    • While you may purchase coverage any time during the year, the cost will be the same.
    • WCPSS provides limited secondary accident insurance coverage for student-athletes, marching band members, cheerleaders and JROTC participants while participating in any school-sponsored and supervised activity. Primary coverage for your child is still recommended.
    • WCPSS's general liability insurance excludes student medical expenses unless it can be shown that the school or district acted negligently.


    Insurance requirements 

    If your child is involved in the following activities, he or she must have accident insurance:
    • athletic programs -- whether interscholastic or intramural
    • marching bands
    • school patrols
    • cheerleaders
    • any activity group making an overnight or extended trip

    You must provide proof of existing accident insurance coverage on the consent forms for these activities. 



    For questions about WCPSS voluntary insurance coverage, call the service broker:
    Doug Young, President
    The Young Group, Inc.
    (919) 846-9798

Download Form

WCPSS has contracted with QBE Insurance Corporation to offer coverage for students.