Parent Instructions PowerSchool/NCEdCloud
How do parents get started?
Step 1. Complete the access request forms.
Hand deliver the completed access request form to the school. Notarized forms can be mailed to your child’s school. Download the notary public form or the photo ID form. Check with your school to make sure a notarized form is being accepted.
Step 2. Wait for your access letter and instructions.Once your child's school has verified your forms, they will provide you with a welcome letter with a link to a Quick Guide
Step 3. Create a Parent Portal account.
Use the information you received in your letter to create your Parent Portal account. For help creating an account, download directions (links below). When you are ready, you can create an account here: wcpss.powerschool.com/public.
Claiming Your PowerSchool/NCEdCloud Acccount (First Time Users)
- Click on PowerSchool/NCEdCloud. This will take you to the PowerSchool log in site.
- Click the Create Account tab and follow the prompts.
- You will be able to link all your students to your account. Under the section “Link Students to Account”, enter the Access ID and Access Password exactly as it is printed on your PowerSchool/NCEdCloud letter. (SHS Student Services can provide you with the letter, if needed.)
- Each students school can provide you with a letter that includes Access ID and Access Password.
- For assistance, please use this link: Home Base (PowerSchool) Help
Resetting Your NCEdCloud Account (if you have already created an account)