• Center for International Enrollment


    If you speak a language other than English, or you are coming from abroad, and are enrolling a child new to Wake County Public Schools, please contact the Center for International Enrollment for an appointment. 

    What happens when I arrive at the CIE?

    When you arrive you will check in with our Communication Specialist. The Communication Specialist will ensure that you have the documents you need to enroll your child in school. When that is completed, an Enrollment Specialist will help you fill out all the forms you will need to register your child and provide you with general information regarding public schools as well as answer questions you may have. While this is happening, your child will be tested to determine his or her level of English language proficiency.

    What happens at the end of our appointment?

    Once you have completed the enrollment process and your child has been tested, you will return to your base school with your enrollment documents. Please be aware that students assigned to some middle schools and most high schools may be required to make a separate appointment with the school’s guidance department prior to your child beginning school. An Enrollment Specialist will assist you in making this appointment.

    Required documents to enroll your child

    • A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
    • Proof of your Wake County address (current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name, newly signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement).
    • Photo ID of parent or guardian
    • Your child's immunization record (if available)
    • Academic records from previous schools (if available)
    • Any custody documents.

Contact Us

Use our online form to contact us.

Visit Us