Insurance requirementsIf your child is involved in the following activities, he or she must have accident insurance:
- athletic programs -- whether interscholastic or intramural
- marching bands
- school patrols
- any activity group making an overnight or extended trip
You must provide proof of existing accident insurance coverage on the consent forms for these activities.
If you don't already have accident insurance for your child, WCPSS has contracted with QBE Insurance Corporation to offer coverage, which you may purchase at their website any time during the school year.
- Voluntary student accident insurance is "primary" insurance, meaning it pays even if you have other medical insurance.
- While you may purchase coverage any time during the year, the cost will be the same.
- WCPSS provides limited secondary accident insurance coverage for high school athletes. Primary coverage for your child is still recommended.
- WCPSS's general liability insurance excludes student medical expenses unless it can be shown that the school or district acted negligently.
For questions about WCPSS voluntary insurance coverage, call the service broker:
Doug Young, President
The Young Group, Inc.